Dr Suchak had extensive training in Internal Medicine and General Practice, followed by Specialist training in Dermatology at St Thomas’ Hospital, The Royal London Hospital and The Royal Free Hospital. In addition he spent 2 years training in Dermatopathology at the St John’s Institute of Dermatology, St Thomas’ Hospital and earned the Diploma of the Royal College of Pathologists in Dermatopathology. He spent a short period of time at Boston University gaining further experience in Dermatopathology.
He has been a Consultant Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist at Basildon University Hospital since 2010. In addition he received training in the use of non-surgical cosmetic treatment including injectable treatments. Dr Suchak provides a full range of services required to treat skin conditions from Dermatology, Dermatological Surgery, Dermatopathology and Non-Surgical Cosmetic Procedures.
- Skin cancer
- Mole checks
- Inflammatory skin disease
- Non-surgical cosmetic procedures
Sport including football and racket sports, music.
English, Gujarati, Hindi and Kiswahili
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Ravi Suchak at Nuffield Health
- Mole assessment
- Excision of skin lesion
- Mole removal
Dr Suchak has carried out stem cell research in relation to skin cancer and has also published extensively in peer-reviewed journals. Notable recent publications include:
- Suchak R, Wang W-L, Prieto V, Ivan D, Lazar A, Brenn T, Calonje E. Cutaneous Digital Papillary Adenocarcinoma: A Clinicopathologic Study of 31 Cases of a Rare Neoplasm With New Observations. American Journal of Surgical Pathology 2012;36(12):1883-1891
- R Suchak, O Hameed, A Robson. Evaluation of the role of routine melan-A immunohistochemistry for the assessment of microinvasion in 120 cases of lentigo maligna. British Journal of Dermatology 2012;167(s1):102
- Suchak R, Thway K, Zelger B, Fisher C, Calonje E. Primary cutaneous epithelioid angiosarcoma: a clinicopathologic study of 13 cases of a rare neoplasm occurring outside the setting of conventional angiosarcomas and with predilection for the limbs. American Journal of Surgical Pathology 2011;35(1):60-69
- Suchak R, Luzar B, Bacchi CE, Maguire B, Calonje E. Cutaneous neuroblastoma-like schwannoma: a report of two cases, one with a plexiform pattern, and a review of the literature. J Cutan Pathol 2010;37(9):997-100
- Suchak R, O’Connor S, McNamara C, Robson A. Indolent CD8-positive lymphoid proliferation of the face: part of the spectrum of primary cutaneous small-/medium-sized pleomorphic I-cell lymphoma or a distinct entity? J Cutan Pathol 2010;37(9):977-981
- Royal College of Physicians
- Royal College of General Practitioners
- Royal College of Pathologists
- British Association of Dermatologists
- American Society of Dermatopathology
- Medical Defence Union
Other post held
- Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Trust
Insurers Dr Ravi Suchak works with
Dr Ravi Suchak works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Ravi Suchak does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Ravi Suchak does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Ravi Suchak does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.