Dr Sundara Rajan consultant Anaesthetist and Pain Physician started 5 years ago at the University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust. He completed one year fellowship in Toronto Western and Mount Sinai Hospitals, Toronto Canada. He also completed one year fellowship in Adeenbrook's and Queen Elizabeth Hospitals.
He has clinical skills in the following:
- Medical Management
- Facet Joint- Medial Branch Injections for Lumbar and Cervical regions
- Sacro-iliac joint injections
- Ultrasound Guided injections
- Epidural and Caudal Injections
-Radio frequency Ablations
- Nerve Root injections
-Major Joint Injections
-Interventions for abdominal and Pelvic Pain
- Peripheral Nerve Injections
He also carry's out Medicolegal practice, this information can be found on www.pain-expert.org
His NHS Base is University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust.
Dr Rajan has few main interests:-
- Chronic Low Back pain
- Chronic Neck Pain
- Musculo-Skeletal Pain
- Neuropathic Pain
- Chronic Post-Surgical Pain
- Headache and Facial Pain
- Failed Back surgery pain
- Fibromyalgia/ Widespread pain
- Major Joint Pain ( chronic shoulder, knee and hip pain)
- Chronic Abdominal pain
- Complex Regional Pain syndrome
- Diabetic Pain
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Coccygeal pain
- Amputation Pain
- Post- Traumatic Pain.
His Special Interests involve:-
- Ultrasound guided Interventions
- Chronic Post Surgical pain
- Outcome Based Pain Management.
- Retrospective study on nerve blocks for chronic post- Inguinal Pain, Canadian Journal or pain, 2018
- Review on "Hernia and chronic post-surgical pain" Hernia Journal, 2016
- Painful Diabetic Neuropathy, British Journal of Education, 2014
- Faculty of Pain Medicine
- Royal College of Anaesthesia
Insurers Dr Rajinikanth Rajan works with
Dr Rajinikanth Rajan works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Rajinikanth Rajan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Rajinikanth Rajan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Rajinikanth Rajan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.