Dr Raakhee Ramesh
GMC number: 4422497
Practicing since: 1997
Or call us on
Dr Raakhee Ramesh consults in all general dermatology in babies, children and adults. She has expertise in all general dermatology such as eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, acne, skin cancer, hair disorders, blisters, excessive sweating, moles, scars, skin discolouration, sun damaged skin, ulcers, urticaria, vitiligo, common infections of the skin and genital dermatology. She performs skin surgery such as small excisions on the trunk and limbs, diagnostic and treatment biopsies, steroid injections for hair loss, acne cysts and keloid scars. She have been involved in psoriasis and rosacea research in her former post. She has a wealth of expertise in the management of children with skin diseases and inflammatory skin conditions in all ages.
Dr Raakhee Ramesh trained in London before coming to Birmingham, she then competed 10 years of service as a consultant at Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust. During her service at SWBH, she also worked at Birmingham Children’s Hospital for almost 2 years up until 2019. In September 2020 she moved to Walsall Healthcare Trust, where she also works at a new merger site at the Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust ( RWT ). At RWT she leads on the paediatric dermatology service. In her current post, she is the trust lead for training dermatologists in the West Midlands region.
Outside of her NHS role, she has been part of a company called the New Dermatologist who have set up an approved educational annual course in London for new consultants, and as part of the company they have recently developed podcasts for GPs. Dr Ramesh is regularly invited to lecture at meetings, which she thoroughly enjoys. She continues to attend dermatology meetings to stay updated in the region, nationally and internationally and is a member of the British Association of Dermatologists.
- Paediatric dermatology
- medical dermatology
- skin cancer diagnosis
- simple surgery
- Medical dermatology
- Complex psoriasis
- Skin cancer and moles
- Pigmentary disorders
- Trust regional trainee representative & educational supervisor
- Panel member for; ST3 national recruitment, ARCP and CMT panel
- Part of the Modernising Medical Interviews process
- Educational Supervisor to specialist trainees
Travel, music, and dance
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Raakhee Ramesh at Nuffield Health
- Skin surgery
- Blood test
- Skin pigmentation
- Itching (Pruritus) Assessment
- Penile lesions (biopsy of)
- Mole assessment
Locations Dr Raakhee Ramesh works with
Education & Training
Dr Raakhee Ramesh qualified from St Bartholomew's and The Royal London medical school in 1997. Her specialist training in dermatology involved rotating between a number of top London teaching hospitals. She has also completed a one-year fellowship in paediatric dermatology at the Birmingham Children's Hospital.
Publications and Press
Some of Dr Ramesh’s publications include:
- Mosaic NRAS Q61R mutation in a child with Giant CMN, epidermal naevus syndrome and hypophosphataemic rickets. R. Ramesh, N. Shaw, E.K.Miles, B.Richard, I.Colmenero, C.Moss. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2017 Jan;42(1):75-79. doi: 10.1111/ced.12969. Epub 2016 Nov 30
- Mirhadi S, Fassihi H, Islam L, Ramesh R. Dermatologists play a key role in diagnosing LEOPARD syndrome. BJD 2016 Jul 1;175:85.
- Propranolol in the treatment of infantile haemangiomas: lessons from the European Propranolol In the Treatment of Complicated Haemangiomas (PITCH) Taskforce survey.
- Wedgeworth E1, Glover M2, Irvine AD3, Neri I4, Baselga E5, Clayton TH6, Beattie PE7, Bjerre JV8, Burrows NP9, Foelster-Holst R10, Hedelund L11, Hernandez-Martin A12, Audrain H13, Bhate K14, Brown SJ15, Baryschpolec S16, Darne S17, Durack A9, Dvorakova V3, Gach J18, Goldstraw N19, Goodyear H20, Grabczynska S21, Greenblatt D19, Halpern J22, Hearn RM15, Hoey S23, Hughes B16, Jayaraj R24, Johansson EK25, Lam M14, Leech S26, O'Regan GM3, Morrison D27, Porter W28, Ramesh R22, Schill T29, Shaw L13, Taylor AE26, Taylor R30, Thomson J1, Tiffin P31, Tsakok M32, Janmohamed SR33, Laguda B34, McPherson T32, Oranje AP35, Patrizi A4, Ravenscroft JC14, Shahidullah H36, Solman L2, Svensson A37, Wahlgren CF38, Hoeger PH29, Flohr C1. Br J Dermatol. 2016 Mar;174(3):594-601.
- e-Learning for Healthcare.E Derm 16. Blistering on the hands and feet.
- Raakhee Ramesh, Edel O’ Toole. e-LFH -dermatology project. 2012.
- Exacerbation of X-linked ichthyosis phenotype in a female by inheritance of filaggrin and steroid sulfatase mutations.
- Ramesh R, Chen H, Kukula A, Wakeling EL, Rustin MH, McLean WH. J Dermatol Sci. 2011 Dec;64(3):159-62.
- Ramesh R, Richards B, Shaw N, Moss C. Giant congenital melanocytic naevus and sebaceous naevus with hypophosphataemic rickets. Brit J Dermatol 2010;162(suppl 1):1163-4.
- British Association of Dermatologists
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Society of Paediatric Dermatology
- General Medical Council
- Specialist register for dermatology
Other posts held
- Consultant at Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust
- Honorary consultant at Birmingham Children’s Hospital in paediatric dermatology
Insurers Dr Raakhee Ramesh works with
Dr Raakhee Ramesh works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Freedom Health
- Aviva Health
Dr Raakhee Ramesh does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Raakhee Ramesh does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Raakhee Ramesh does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.