Dr Raakhee Ramesh consults in all general dermatology in babies, children and adults. She has expertise in all general dermatology such as eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, acne, skin cancer, hair disorders, blisters, excessive sweating, moles, scars, skin discolouration, sun damaged skin, ulcers, urticaria, vitiligo, common infections of the skin and genital dermatology. She has a wealth of expertise in eczema management in children, and performs skin surgery such as excisions on trunk and limbs, biopsies, steroid injections for hair loss, acne cysts and keloid scars. She is actively involved in research in her department in psoriasis and previously was involved in a trial of a treatment for rosacea.
Her specialist interests are in inflammatory skin conditions and skin diseases in children.
Dr Raakhee Ramesh is a consultant dermatologist at Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust and at Birmingham Children’s Hospital. She is an experienced Dermatologist and offers evidence-based guidance based on 15 years of dermatology experience on all aspects of dermatology and works with patients to make a personalised management plan.
- Paediatric dermatology
- medical dermatology
- skin cancer diagnosis
- simple diagnostic surgery
- Medical dermatology
- Complex psoriasis
- Skin cancer and moles
- Pigmentary disorders
- Trust regional trainee representative & educational supervisor
- Panel member for; ST3 national recruitment, ARCP and CMT panel
- Part of the Modernising Medical Interviews process
- Educational Supervisor to specialist trainees
Travel, music, and dance
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Raakhee Ramesh at Nuffield Health
- Blood test
- Itching (Pruritus) Assessment
- Mole assessment
- Penile lesions (biopsy of)
- Skin surgery
- Skin pigmentation
Education & Training
Dr Raakhee Ramesh qualified from St Bartholomew's and The Royal London medical school in 1997. Her specialist training in dermatology involved rotating between a number of top London teaching hospitals. She has also completed a one-year fellowship in paediatric dermatology at the Birmingham Children's Hospital.
Publications and Press
Some of Dr Ramesh’s publications include:
- Mosaic NRAS Q61R mutation in a child with Giant CMN, epidermal naevus syndrome and hypophosphataemic rickets. R. Ramesh, N. Shaw, E.K.Miles, B.Richard, I.Colmenero, C.Moss. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2017 Jan;42(1):75-79. doi: 10.1111/ced.12969. Epub 2016 Nov 30
- Mirhadi S, Fassihi H, Islam L, Ramesh R. Dermatologists play a key role in diagnosing LEOPARD syndrome. BJD 2016 Jul 1;175:85.
- Propranolol in the treatment of infantile haemangiomas: lessons from the European Propranolol In the Treatment of Complicated Haemangiomas (PITCH) Taskforce survey.
- Wedgeworth E1, Glover M2, Irvine AD3, Neri I4, Baselga E5, Clayton TH6, Beattie PE7, Bjerre JV8, Burrows NP9, Foelster-Holst R10, Hedelund L11, Hernandez-Martin A12, Audrain H13, Bhate K14, Brown SJ15, Baryschpolec S16, Darne S17, Durack A9, Dvorakova V3, Gach J18, Goldstraw N19, Goodyear H20, Grabczynska S21, Greenblatt D19, Halpern J22, Hearn RM15, Hoey S23, Hughes B16, Jayaraj R24, Johansson EK25, Lam M14, Leech S26, O'Regan GM3, Morrison D27, Porter W28, Ramesh R22, Schill T29, Shaw L13, Taylor AE26, Taylor R30, Thomson J1, Tiffin P31, Tsakok M32, Janmohamed SR33, Laguda B34, McPherson T32, Oranje AP35, Patrizi A4, Ravenscroft JC14, Shahidullah H36, Solman L2, Svensson A37, Wahlgren CF38, Hoeger PH29, Flohr C1. Br J Dermatol. 2016 Mar;174(3):594-601.
- e-Learning for Healthcare.E Derm 16. Blistering on the hands and feet.
- Raakhee Ramesh, Edel O’ Toole. e-LFH -dermatology project. 2012.
- Exacerbation of X-linked ichthyosis phenotype in a female by inheritance of filaggrin and steroid sulfatase mutations.
- Ramesh R, Chen H, Kukula A, Wakeling EL, Rustin MH, McLean WH. J Dermatol Sci. 2011 Dec;64(3):159-62.
- Ramesh R, Richards B, Shaw N, Moss C. Giant congenital melanocytic naevus and sebaceous naevus with hypophosphataemic rickets. Brit J Dermatol 2010;162(suppl 1):1163-4.
- British Association of Dermatologists
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Society of Paediatric Dermatology
- General Medical Council
- Specialist register for dermatology
Other post held
- Consultant at Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust
- Honorary consultant at Birmingham Children’s Hospital in paediatric dermatology
Insurers Dr Raakhee Ramesh works with
Dr Raakhee Ramesh works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Freedom Health
- Aviva Health
Dr Raakhee Ramesh does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Raakhee Ramesh does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Raakhee Ramesh does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.