Dr Priya Bhatnagar is a Consultant Neuroradiologist at the regional Neurosciences Centre in Newcastle, specialising in diagnostic brain and spine imaging and interventional spinal procedures.
Her subspecialist interests include neuro-oncology and advanced neuroimaging techniques including perfusion and functional MRI.
After obtaining her MRCS, she did her general radiology training in Leeds and was awarded the Rohan Williams medal (for the best performing candidate) in the FRCR examination. She then moved to Newcastle for a two-year fellowship in Neuroradiology and was appointed a Consultant in 2014. She has also obtained the European Diploma in Neuroradiology (EDiNR) through the ESNR.
She has published several papers and book chapters. She has previously served as the RCR College tutor for four years.
Dr Bhatnagar is a keen educator and enjoys teaching and lecturing at various national and international courses. As an active member of the British Society of Neuroradiologists Training and Education Subcommittee, she has helped establish and develop the national BSNR trainee symposium days and currently organises the fortnightly BSNR Grand Rounds.
- MRI and CT scans of the brain and spine. Spinal interventional radiology techniques.
- Advanced neuroimaging techniques including perfusion and functional MRI.
- Royal College of Radiologists
- British Society of Neuroradiologists
Other posts held
- European Society of Neuroradiologists
- Consultant Neuroradiologist, Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals, NHS Foundation Trust
Insurers Dr Priya Bhatnagar works with
Dr Priya Bhatnagar works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA