Dr Paul Wilkinson is a leading National expert in pain medicine who cares passionately about the wellbeing of people who endure pain striving for the best care for all people with pain.
In 2020 he was Awarded life-time membership of British Pain Society (BPS) for outstanding contributions in Pain Management, the highest UK professional award in UK pain practice. He is currently a clinical advisor to the Parliamentary Ombudsman and Chair of UK Professional Standards Committee of the Faculty of Pain Medicine.
His extensive professional CV includes:
- Previously, BPS Vice President 3-years/ Board Member 3-years
- 2015-21- Chair of UK Professional Standards Committee (PSC), Faculty of Pain Medicine (FPM) for 6-years/ FPM board member 5-years/ PSC member 3-years 30 refreshed/ 25 new FPM publications, > 60 consultations. These core standards documents have driven excellence and improvements in patient access, care pathways, safety, and quality of care for people in pain
- 2017-20 - FPM and RCOA representative to the CMO and lead on opioid safety
- 2020- PSC Chair and key leader in FPM National COVID. Multiple publications and communications enabling effective, safe care
- 2015-18 Chair of the Educational Special Interest Group of the International Association of Pain the most senior educational International position. Received extensive praise for Chairmanship of 2018 Global Year for Excellence Pain Education and its International impact on education in pain and UK success using a spectrum of educational metrics.
All pain issues
Back and neck pain, sciatica, CRPS, nerve damage pain
- British Pain Society
- International Association for the Study of Pain Faculty of Pain Medicine
- Association of Anaesthetists
- Royal College of Anaesthetists
- General Medical Council
- British Medical Association
- Northern Pain Society
- Northern British Pain Society
Other posts held
- Director Newcastle Pain Management Services