Dr Nizar Muhammed is a graduate of Medicine from the University of Damascus Medical College, one of the oldest and largest Universities in the Middle East. He moved to the UK in 1982 and trained in Neurology and Neurophysiology in various centres including The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen's Square, London.
Dr Muhammed is a fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of both London and Dublin. He has been a Consultant at the Essex Centre for Neurosciences, Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals for the last 15 years. He is Consultant in charge of the Neurophysiology department at Queen's Hospital and also runs the epilepsy service.
Clinical Neurophysiology is a branch of medicine concerned with testing the electrical function of the brain, spinal cord and the nerves in the limbs and muscles. It is a subspeciality closely linked with Neurology and used to help in the diagnosis of a wide range of conditions affecting these parts of the body.
The main types of Neurophysiological tests are:
- Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Evoked Potentials (EPs)
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Nizar Muhammed at Nuffield Health
- Nerve conduction study
- Association of British Neurologists, UK
- Association of British Clinical Neurophysiologists, UK
- British Medical Association
- The British Society for Clinical Neurophysiologists
- European Neurological Society
- The Syrian Medical Association
- Working Group of the International Association of the Scientific Study of Intellectual Disability
Other posts held
- Consultant Clinical Neurophysiologist, The Essex Centre for Neurosciences, Barking, Havering & Redbridge University Hospitals
Insurers Dr Nizar Muhammed works with
Dr Nizar Muhammed works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Nizar Muhammed does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Nizar Muhammed does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Nizar Muhammed does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.