Dr Mokhtar Ibrahim is a Consultant Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist who has worked in cardiology since 2005. In June 2014, he was appointed as a Consultant Cardiologist at the Ain Shams University Hospitals in Egypt. In 2016, he moved to the UK with his family. He finished a 2-year advanced fellowship in cardiac electrophysiology and devices at Royal Brompton and Harefield in London. He got his consultant post at Glenfield Hospital, Leicester in February 2019.
As well as general cardiology, as an internationally trained and highly experienced electrophysiologist, Dr Ibrahim has special expertise in treating palpitations, heart rhythm disorders and the assessment of sudden cardiac death risk. He is one of the very few cardiologists in the UK who have European accreditation in both cardiac electrophysiology and devices after finishing the required exams and the number of cases required by the European Heart Rhythm Association.
He performs over 250 procedures per year which include the following:
Radiofrequency ablation procedures for different forms of cardiac arrhythmias including AF, Flutter, SVT and Ventricular arrhythmia.
Permanent pacemaker implantation (single and dual chamber), Loop recorder implantation, Implantable cardiac defibrillator (ICD) therapy, Cardiac resynchronisation therapy (CRT), HIS Bundle pacing ( the newest technology in cardiac pacing) for heart failure.
- Palpitations/flutters/atrial fibrillation
- Heart failure
- General cardiology
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Mokhtar Ibrahim at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Assessment of all Aspects of Cardiology
- Junctional rhythm occurring during AV nodal reentrant tachycardia ablation, is it different among Egyptians? Ayman M.Abdel Moteleb, Said A.Khalid and Mokhtar M.Ibrahim. The Egyptian Heart Journal 65(4): 265-270.
- EFFECT OF CARDIAC RESYNCHRONIZATION THERAPY ON RIGHT VENTRICULAR DIMENSIONS AND SYSTOLIC FUNCTION ASSESSED BY ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY. M Ibrahim, et al. Ain Shams medical Journal, 2014
- Percutaneous suture closure of the left atrial appendage in patients with a high CHA2DS2 VASC score and absolute contraindication for oral anticoagulant therapy – the UNITED KINGDOM experience. M Ibrahim, et al., EP Europace, Volume 19, Issue suppl_1, 1 October 2017, Pages i31.
- Epicardial ablation of ventricular tachycardia in patients with arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathy using remote magnetic navigation system: a state-of-art safer EP intervention. M Ibrahim, et al M Ibrahim, I Cazzoli, S Guarguali, S Ernst, Europace, Volume 20, Issue suppl_1, March 2018, Page i40
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy in congenital heart disease patients, the largest worldwide single center experience. M Ibrahim, T Wong et. al, EP Europace, Volume 20, Issue suppl_4, October 2018, Page iv22
- The utility of echocardiographic right ventricular parameters in predicting response to cardiac resynchronization therapy in patients with heart failure: A proof of concept, Ibrahim M, et al., Ann Clin Anal Med 2019;10(5): 553-8
- Membership of Royal College of Physician
- Membership of British cardiovascular society
- Membership of European society of cardiology
- Membership of European heart rhythm association
Other posts held
- Consultant cardiologist and electrophysiologist Glenfield hospital University hospitals of Leicester
Insurers Dr Mokhtar Ibrahim works with
Dr Mokhtar Ibrahim works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- AXA Health
Dr Mokhtar Ibrahim does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Mokhtar Ibrahim does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Mokhtar Ibrahim does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.