Dr Egred has vast experience in general cardiology, arrhythmia, hypertension, as well as cardiac imaging and management of valve disease. He has a special interest in coronary intervention and is reputable in complex intervention with the use of adjunctive devices. He also has a special interest in valve intervention and is one of the few surgeons in the UK who performs percutaneous mitral interventions.
Percutaneous Coronary Intervention and complex adjunctive devices (LASER, Rotablation), particularly in patients unsuitable for surgery.
Percutaneous Mitral Valve Intervention, percutaneous balloon mitral valvotomy and Mitraclip closure for mitral regurgitation.
Percutaneous closure of Atrial septal defects and patent foramen ovale.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Mohaned Egred at Nuffield Health
- Interventional cardiology
- Mitral valve balloon dilation
Dr Egred has over 40 papers, articles & reports, and over 30 abstracts & oral presentations. Dr Egred is a European proctor for coronary LASER intervention and a proctor for rotablation atherectomy and trains other consultants in these techniques. Dr Egred is a regular reviewer for major international journals.
The majority of publications can be accessed here. Selected recent publications:
- Egred M. RASER PCI. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2011 Dec 8. doi: 10.1002/ccd.23174. [Epub ahead of print]
- Cunnington M, Egred M. GuideLiner, a child-in-a-mother catheter for successful retrieval of an entrapped rotablator burr. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2012 Feb 1;79(2):271-3. doi: 10.1002/ccd.23032. Epub 2011 Jul 25.
- Egred M. Feasibility and safety of 7-Fr radial approach for complex PCI. J Interv Cardiol. 2011 Oct;24(5):383-8. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-8183.2011.00658.x. Epub 2011 May 17.
- Egred M. et al. High-speed rotational atherectomy during transradial percutaneous coronary intervention.. J Interv Cardiol. 2011 Oct;24(5):383-8. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-8183.2011.00658.x. Epub 2011 May 17. PMID: 21585545 [PubMed - in process]
- Egred M. Clopidogrel and Proton-Pump Inhibitors Interaction: Practical Clinical Perspectives. British Journal of Cardilology, April 2011 Volume 18, Issue 2 Br J Cardiol 2011;18:84−7
- Egred M, et al. The Dark Side of the Drug Eluting Stents, Stent Thrombosis with Cessation of Dual Anti-Platelet Therapy. November 2008 Volume 15, Issue 6 Br J Cardiol 2008;15:326–8
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology
- European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Intervention
- British Cardiac Interventional Society
- British Cardiac Society
Other post held
- Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Honorary Senior Lecturer, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne
Dr Mohaned Egred does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Mohaned Egred does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Mohaned Egred does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.