Miles Parkes has been a Consultant Gastroenterologist for 15 years at Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge. He has been director of Gastroenterolgy and Endoscopy in Cambridge since 2004. He has a particular interest in diagnostic endoscopy and colonoscopy and the management of Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, coeliac disease and irritable bowel syndrome.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Miles Parkes at Nuffield Health
- Colorectal screening
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Capsule endoscopy
Research interests include new therapies in gastrointestinal disease and the genetic basis of Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis. He chairs the international IBD genetics research consortium. He has published extensively in the medical lterature and teaches and lectures internationally.
- Royal College of Physicians (Fellow)
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- British Medical Association
- Medical Protection Society
- American Gastroenterology Association
- National Association for Colitis and Crohn's Disease
- European Crohn’s and Colitis Organisation
Other post held
- Consultant, Addenbrookes NHS Trust Hospital Cambridge
Insurers Dr Miles Parkes works with
Dr Miles Parkes works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Miles Parkes does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Miles Parkes does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Miles Parkes does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.