Dr Martin Wilson holds post as Consultant Neurologist at Nuffield Health The Grosvenor Hospital, Chester. He was appointed Consultant Neurologist at the Walton Centre in 2005, and currently bases his NHS practice between the Walton Centre and Countess of Chester hospitals.
Approximately half of Dr Wilson’s NHS clinics are for general neurology referrals, and half for MS and other inflammatory nervous system disorders. He has a particular interest in disease modifying therapies for relapsing MS.
Dr Wilson is Clinical Director for neurology at Walton, and also the Trust’s lead clinician for IT / Clinical Informatics.
- MS and other inflammatory diseases of the central nervous system
- General Neurology
- Blackouts / seizures
- Weakness, dizziness / vertigo
Dr Wilson lives with his wife and four young children in North Cheshire. This leaves little time for hobbies..... but he tries to play 5 a side football once a week, and enjoys a cycle commute to Chester when the weather is agreeable!
Dr Martin Wilson’s postgraduate research was focused on developing novel MRI scanning techniques to assess and monitor MS, and resulted in several publications in peer reviewed journals and award of a Doctorate with distinction (2001).
Dr Wilson has remained active in clinical research whilst a Consultant, and is currently Principal or Co-investigator for a number of phase 2&3 clinical trials of new therapeutic agents in MS.
- Association of British Neurologists
- North of England Neurological Association
- Chief Clinical Informatics Officer leaders network
Other post held
- Consultant Neurologist, Nuffield Health The Grosvenor Hospital, Chester
- Consultant Neurologist, The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust
- Consultant Neurologist, Countess of Chester NHS Foundation Trust