Dr Davies Consultant Neurologist and the Clinical lead for Neurology at the University Hospital of North Midlands (UHNM). He trained in Medicine and Neurology in London and the West Midlands and has been an accredited General Neurologist since March 2000. He has extensive experience in the assessment, diagnosis and management of individuals with all Neurological conditions but has a specific interest in headache & facial pain disorders.
He worked as an Honorary Consultant Neurologist at the Headache Group at the National Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery in London 2002-2004.
He is the clinical and research lead for the Midlands Regional Headache clinic. He is the lead for the acute and elective inpatient and outpatient headache service at UHNM.
Dr Davies has acted as a specialist advisor to NICE on Headache disorders and was a co-author for the NICE CG150 UK management guidelines for Headache disorders.
Dr Davies is a medical trustee for the UK charity - The Migraine Trust and medical advisor to the Migraine Action Association charity.
Headache Disorders especially:
- Migraine & Chronic Migraine
- Cluster headache & Other TACs
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Epilepsy & blackouts
- Parkinson’s disease & Tremor mimics
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Peripheral nerve & muscle disorders
Rugby and surfing
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Martin Brendan Davies at Nuffield Health
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
Dr Davies Research Career started in the study of Multiple Sclerosis as a member of Keele Multiple Sclerosis Research Group in 1993. He published studies on MRI correlates of psychophysical deficit In Optic neuritis and gained an MD these from Keele University. He was a co-author in the PROMPT 2004 trial, the first clinical trial to produce evidence based guidance on the suggested duration of preventative treatment for migraine.
Dr Davies has recently contributed to and delivered a successful clinical trial programme with the headache research team at UHNM in his role as principal and chief UK investigator for several new exciting clinical trials of monoclonal antibody treatments for Migraine. He has recently been appointed as West Midlands Clinical Research network Headache lead in 2016 in his ambition aim to seek improved therapies for headache sufferers in the UK through research.
- Association of British Neurologists
- Chairman Headache & Pain Advisory Group for Association of British Neurologist
- West Midlands Clinical Research network Headache lead
- National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) Speciality adviser
- British Association for Study of Headache (BASH)
- The Migraine Trust charity, Medical Trustee
- The Migraine Action Association
- Advisor Midlands Neurological Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Neurologist & Clinical lead Headache service & Research lead at University Hospital of North Midlands
Dr Martin Brendan Davies does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Martin Brendan Davies does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Martin Brendan Davies does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.