Dr Mark Tanner joined St Richard's Hospital in 2010. After his general cardiology training in London he completed a fellowship in cardiac electrophysiology and pacing at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
One of his first achievements at St Richard's has been the introduction of a complex pacing service. He is responsible for the insertion of implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs) and biventricular pacemakers.
Dr Tanner is also an honorary Consultant Cardiologist at The Hammersmith Hospital, London, where he practices on a bi-monthly basis. In recognition of his research and teaching contributions, in 2014, he was appointed as Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at Imperial College London.
- Risk of Sudden Cardiac Death and ICD implantation
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy for Advanced Heart Failure
- Cardiac MRI
Running, cycling, music and literature.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Mark Tanner at Nuffield Health
- Event monitor
- MRI scan
MD focused on the application of Cardiac MRI to the management of heart failure. This thesis was awarded the National Heart and Lung Institute Thesis Prize in 2008.
19 peer-reviewed publications since 2003 including first author publication in Circulation (Tanner et al 2007; 115: 1876-84).
Currently participating in a number of clinical studies looking at techniques to improve the treatment of heart failure and arrhythmias (atrial fibrillation
- Society of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance
- British Heart Rhythm Society
Other post held
- Consultant Cardiologist with Sub-specialist Interest in Complex Pacing
- St Richard's Hospital, Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust, Chichester
- Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London (Honorary Consultant).
- Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College, London
Dr Mark Tanner does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Mark Tanner does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Mark Tanner does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.