I am currently working as a Senior lecturer and Consultant in Pain medicine and Neuromodulation at the Barts Health NHS trust. I completed my Anaesthetic and Pain training from Barts Health NHS trust, London. Furthermore, I received dedicated advance neuromodulation training in performing various stimulation procedures for chronic pain patients.
I deliver holistic care to my patients including pharmacological and Interventional treatments along with multimodal pain management therapy. I perform all above mentioned conventional pain intervention procedures and am specialised in performing advance neuromodulation procedures i.e. spinal cord stimulator, Multifidus stimulator and occipital nerve stimulator for chronic back pain and chronic migraine/cluster headaches patients recommended by NICE. I have experience of working with proficient multidisciplinary team to support neurostimulator patients for post procedure follow-ups and programming.
As a key member of Pain & Anaesthesia Research Centre, under the remit of William Harvey Research Institute, QMUL, I have conducted various research projects on Spinal cord stimulator for back pain/sciatica, Simplicity treatment for sacro-iliac pain, Multifidus stimulation for chronic back pain, Occipital nerve stimulator for chronic migraines/cluster headaches etc.
I am currently pursuing research in a series of projects that is a collaborative initiative between pain medicine and neuro-imaging under my PHD work on chronic interactable back pain +/- sciatica.
At Holly, besides conventional injections, I am providing streamline care of advance spinal cord stimulation (for Backache+/- sciatica), occipital nerve stimulation (for Headache) and novel revolutionary FDA approved multifidus-stimulation therapy (for intractable chronic back pain) with the help of multidisciplinary experts.
I am specialised in providing holistic care to chronic pain patients. This includes medical and interventional management. I also facilitate multimodal pain management to my patients who require further help with physiotherapy in liaison with my physiotherapist colleagues.
- Chronic back pain: Post traumatic/Post surgery/Mechanical
- Post spinal surgery pain
- Disc degenerative disease
- Chronic migraine
- Pelvic pain/ spasm
- Osteoarthritis of spine
- Frozen shoulder
- Neck/Shoulder pain
- Occipital /cervical neuralgia
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Diagnostic medial branch blocks
- Dorsal root block
- Transforaminal epidural
- Radiofrequency and Pulse radiofrequency
- Sacroiliac joint injection and radiofrequency
- occipital and peripheral nerve blocks
- Trigger zone steroid injections
- Sympathetic plexus block
- Botox injection for Chronic migraine and muscle spasms
- Spinal cord stimulation (Backache+/- sciatica)
- Multifidus stimulation (Backache)
- Occipital nerve stimulation (Migraine and cluster headache)
- Sphenopalatine ganglion block (Headache, Trigeminal cephalgia)
Expert witness/Medicolegal work:
At The Holly Hospital, I see claimants with the variety of conditions to prepare medicolegal reports with a fast turnaround time of 14 days after seeing the patient. I have expertise in preparing reports for:
- Personal injury
- Road traffic accidents and injuries
- Whiplash injury
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Soft tissue and muscular injuries
- Sports injuries
- Work related and industrial injury
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Kavita Poply at Nuffield Health
- Epidural injection for pain relief
- Royal College of Anaesthetics (RCA)
- Faculty of Pain Medicine (FPM)
- International Neuromodulation society (INS)
- Medical Protection society (MPS)
Other posts held
- Consultant in Pain medicine and Neuromodulation, St Barthlomews hospital, London