Dr Slater originally trained at St. Bartholomew’s Hospital Medical School in London before serving as a Regimental Medical Officer in the British Army. Before discovering his passion for dermatology, he worked as a Principle in General Practice. He subsequently retrained and gained entry onto the Specialist register as a Dermatology Consultant.
Having previously held the role of Clinical Lead for reconstructive skin cancer surgery at East Surrey Hospital, Dr Slater is a recognised expert in skin cancer diagnosis and facial reconstructive surgery. He has a particular interest in diagnosing skin cancer and has run a number of Educational Workshops on the use of Dermoscopy, for Skin Lesion Diagnosis. Dr Slater works at a number of Private Hospitals, regularly treating a variety of skin conditions.
- Skin Cancer
- Skin Surgery
- Skin Rashes
- Mole assessment, monitoring and removal
- Mole Mapping
- Benign skin lesions incl. Cysts and Lipomas
- Precancerous sun damage
- Hair loss
- Acne and Rosacea
- Allergies and Allergy Testing
- Eczema and Psoriasis
- Warts and Keratoses
- General Skin Checks
- Skin tags and Seborrhoeic warts
- Steroid Injections for Keloid scars
- Photodynamic therapy for precancerous lesions and Skin Cancer
- Cosmetic Dermatology including anti-wrinkle injections and Dermal Fillers
- Allergy Patch Testing
Cycling, Travelling, Skiing.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Jonathan Slater at Nuffield Health
- Reconstructive surgery
- Excisional biopsy
- Skin cancer surgery
- Allergy testing
- Mole assessment
- Excision of skin lesion
- Dermal fillers
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Association of Dermatology
- Royal Society of Medicine
Other posts held
- Clinical Lead for the Surrey Dermatology Service.
Insurers Dr Jonathan Slater works with
Dr Jonathan Slater works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
- Police Mutual
Dr Jonathan Slater does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Jonathan Slater does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Jonathan Slater does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.