Dr Merron undertook undergraduate medical training at the University of Birmingham, graduating in 1998, and went on to spend 5 years training as a junior doctor to become a GP taking residencies in a variety of specialties including Medicine, Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Gynaecology, Paediatrics and Psychiatry. On attaining her certificate to practice as a GP, she became a GP principal in a busy practice in Birmingham, relocating in 2009 to North Staffordshire where she has practiced as an NHS GP since.
In addition to her general practice work, Dr Merron is also a Training Programme Director for General Practice in North Staffordshire, a GP Appraiser, the Named GP for Child Safeguarding for North Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent CCG’s. Dr Merron has undertaken additional training in Occupational medicine and is certified to assess and diagnose Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome
Dr Merron is a primary care physician and prides herself on taking a holistic approach to patient care, involving her patients in their own management decisions and using evidence based medicine as the central ethos of all her consultations.
- Care of the elderly
- Eating disorders
- Mental health
- Occupational health
- Prostate checks
- Child development checks
- Baby and toddler assessments and advice
- Hormonal contraceptives
- HGV and PSV licences
- Fostering and adoption medicals
- Travel/work/VISA Medical’s
- Fitness to exercise medical’s.
- Chronic disease management
- Obesity advice, management and referral service
- Skin issues including acne, excema and psoriasis
- Alcohol problem’s and the ‘Sinclair method’Dr Merron is a keen runner and has recently run New York Marathon
- Coil removal
- Fitting of ring pessaries
- Breast checks and referral for mammography if required.
- Ear, nose and throat problems
- Medication reviews
- Second opinions
- Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome – diagnostic testing, diagnosis and report - £240
- Allergy disorders
- Abdominal complaints
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Janey Merron at Nuffield Health
- Care for the elderly
- General Medical Council
- Royal College of general Practitioners
- Medical Defence Union
- British Medical Association
Other post held
- Named GP Child Safeguarding North Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent CCG
- Training Programme Director GP education North Staffs Vocational Training Scheme
- GP Appraiser NHS North Midlands
- General Practitioner Meir Park and Weston Coyney Medical Practice
Dr Janey Merron does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Janey Merron does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Janey Merron does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.