Dr Jack Mann is a Consultant Dermatologist at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital with a special interest in skin cancer. In the NHS he is based at the world-renowned St John’s Institute of Dermatology, Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital.
Dr Mann studied Medicine at University College London, where in addition to his medical degree he was awarded a first class honours BSc in Human Genetics. He undertook his postgraduate training in London and Kent before joining the specialist General Medical Councils register (GMC 6149245).
After finishing his dermatology training, Dr Mann completed the prestigious Royal College accredited Fellowship in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Laser surgery at the renowned St John’s Institute of Dermatology. He subsequently worked as a consultant at Basildon and then at Whipps Cross prior to returning to his appointment St John’s Institute of Dermatology as a consultant and Mohs surgeon.
Dr Mann has high ethical standards and works in partnership with patients to pursue high quality, individually-tailored care. He has received particular praise for “outstanding care and compassion” towards patients.
- Skin cancer
- Dermatological Surgery
- Creative writing - Author of the science fiction novel Gravity’s Arrow (ISBN: 9781912053063)
- Martial arts
- 3D-animation software
- (Very) amateur filmmaking
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Jack Mann at Nuffield Health
- Skin surgery
- Mole removal
- Skin cancer surgery
- Excisional biopsy
- Skin assessment clinic
- Dermatological surgery
- Mole assessment
- Excision of skin lesion
Dr Mann has international publications on a range of topics in dermatology, from Mohs surgery and skin cancer to atopic dermatitis (eczema) and skin allergies.
A selection of recent publications are listed below:
- J. Mann, F. Al-Niaimi, A. Cooper and V. Ghura. A national survey of Mohs micrographic surgery in the U.K. British Journal of Dermatology. 2016; 175(1):225-7. PMID: 26286350
- J. Mann, J. McFadden, J. White, I. White and P. Banerjee. Baseline series fragrance markers fail to predict contact allergy. Contact Dermatitis. 2014 70(5) pp. 276-81. PMID: 24731084
- C. Flohr and J. Mann. New approaches to the prevention of childhood atopic dermatitis. Allergy, 2014 69(1) pp. 56-61. PMID: 24372089
- C. Flohr and J. Mann. New insights into the epidemiology and of childhood atopic dermatitis. Allergy, 2014 69(1) pp. 3-16. PMID: 24417229
- J McFadden, J Mann, J White, P Banerjee and I White. Outbreak of methylisothiazolinone allergy targeting those aged ≥40 years. Contact Dermatitis. 2013 Jul;69(1):53-5. doi: 10.1111/cod.12093
- J Mann, P. Thomson, H. Stevens and I. Palamaras. Malignant melanoma and tumour necrosis factor-a inhibitors: a case report and review of the literature. Int J Dermatol. 2013 Apr;52(4):471-4. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-4632.2011.05336.x. PMID: 22928479
- British Association of Dermatologists
- British Society for Dermatological Surgery (Member of the executive committee)
- Royal Society of Medicine
Other posts held
- Consultant Dermatologist at St John’s Institute of Dermatology, Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospital
Insurers Dr Jack Mann works with
Dr Jack Mann works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA Health
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Jack Mann does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Jack Mann does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Jack Mann does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.