Dr Emma Topham
BM BCh, MA, FRCP
GMC number: 4430612
Practicing since: 1997
- Weekly Thursday PM
Or call us on
Dr Topham undertook her undergraduate medical training at Cambridge University, and her clinical training at Oxford University, qualifying in 1997.
Her dermatology training was at the St John’s Institute of Dermatology, St Thomas’ Hospital, and subsequently at St George’s, St Mary’s, Chelsea and Westminster and Charing Cross Hospitals, London. In 2005 she was appointed as a Consultant Dermatologist in Brighton.
She undertakes general dermatology clinics, looking after patients with eczema/dermatitis, psoriasis, acne, rosacea, urticaria and rashes requiring diagnosis and treatment.
She also has an interest in the treatment of skin cancers, including basal cell carcinoma (rodent ulcers) and the assessment of moles. She is experienced in the surgical treatment of skin cancers, removing moles and warts for cosmetic reasons, and offers cryotherapy treatment for sun damaged skin and warts.
Dr Topham was clinical lead for dermatology at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust (January 2010-Spring 2012). She is lead for undergraduate medical education in dermatology for Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
- General dermatology, including eczema/dermatitis, psoriasis, rosacea, acne, urticaria and rashes requiring diagnosis and treatment
- Skin cancer (melanoma, basal cell carcinoma/ rodent ulcer, squamous cell carcinoma), sun damaged skin (actinic keratoses, solar lentigo) and moles
- Seborrhoeic warts/ keratoses and viral warts
- Skin surgery and cryotherapy
- Medical education.
Tennis and walking
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Emma Topham at Nuffield Health
- Skin surgery
- Mole removal
- Mole assessment
Locations Dr Emma Topham works with
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians
- British Association of Dermatology
- British Association of Dermatological Surgery
Other posts held
- Consultant Dermatologist, Brighton General Hospital
Dr Emma Topham does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Emma Topham does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Emma Topham does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.