Dr Dinesh Damodaran holds post as Consultant Neurologist at Nuffield Health, The Grosvenor Hospital, Chester. He was appointed Consultant Neurologist at the Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust in 2014.
He has special interest in movement disorders including Parkinson’s disease, atypical Parkinsonian disorders, tremors and dystonia’s. He is involved in advanced treatment for these patients including Deep Brain stimulation, botulinum toxin and apomorphine injections.
He also has a clinical interest in headaches and migraines, where he provides a wide range of alternative treatments including injections and nerve blocks.
Dr Dinesh Damodaran manages a wide variety of General Neurological conditions and symptoms including:
- Dizziness and Vertigo
- Funny turns
- Pins and needles, numbness, tingly hands and legs
- Muscle wasting
- Limb Weakness
- Walking problems/clumsiness
- Blurred vision and other visual symptoms
- Unexplained pain and fatigue
- Sleep problems
- Poor memory/concentration
- Decreased alertness
- Slurred speech and word finding difficulty
- Bowel and bladder symptoms
- Swallowing problems
- Post-concussion syndrome
- Facial Spasm
- Jerks and twitching
- Restless Leg Syndrome.
Patients who have neurological symptoms such as:
Headaches, dizziness and vertigo, fits, faints, funny turns, blackouts, pins and needles, numbness, tingly hands and legs, muscle wasting, limb weakness, walking problems/clumsiness, blurred vision and other visual symptoms, unexplained pain and fatigue, sleep problems, poor memory/concentration, decreased alertness, slurred speech and word finding difficulty, bowel and bladder symptoms, swallowing problems, post-concussion syndrome, facial spasm, tremor, jerks and twitching and restless leg syndrome.
- Peripheral nerve disease
- Muscle disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Memory disorders
- Movement disorders
- Neuromuscular disorders
- Sleep disorders
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Dinesh Damodaran at Nuffield Health
- Liver function tests
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
- Blood test
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
- Dementia and delirium screening
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Gastrointestinal radiology
- Haematology profiles
- MRI scan
- Osteoporosis screen
- Rheumatology profiles
- STD Screening
- Vitamin screen
- Core biochemistry screens
- Chronic kidney disease monitoring
- Respiratory virus screen
- Nerve blocks
He is involved in a number of clinical trials in Parkinson’s disease at The Walton Centre. As an Honorary clinical lecturer of the Liverpool University he is actively involved in teaching undergraduate medical students. Being the Royal College Tutor, he oversees the training of postgraduate doctors at The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust.
- Association of British Neurologist
- Movement Disorder Society
- British Medical Association
- Medical Defence Union
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians
Other post held
- Consultant Neurologist at The Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Liverpool
- Consultant Neurologist at St Helens and knowsley teaching Hospitals
Insurers Dr Dinesh Damodaran works with
Dr Dinesh Damodaran works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Aviva Health
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Aviva Health
Dr Dinesh Damodaran does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Dinesh Damodaran does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Dinesh Damodaran does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.