Dr David Aldulaimi was educated in London and graduated from University College and The Middlesex Hospital in 1992.
He completed general medical training at St Bartholomew’s and The Royal London hospitals and then specialist training in the West Midlands Deanery, including a research fellowship at Warwick University, studying molecular immunology.
In 2004 he was appointed as a consultant in Worcestershire, and held senior management, teaching and research roles.
In 2016 he was appointed as the clinical lead for quality improvement for the West Midlands Deanery and moved his NHS practice to Warwickshire.
Since 2004 he has specialised in
- Barrett’s oesophagus, reflux and swallowing difficulties
- Dietary therapy and gluten sensitivity
- The assessment of fatty liver disease and liver function tests
- The irritable bowel syndrome and functional diseases
- Colorectal disease including rectal bleeding
- The diagnosis of gastrointestinal malignancy
He performs diagnostic, surveillance and therapeutic gastroscopy and colonoscopy.
He has co-authored over 50 publications, including international consensus statements regarding the management of oesophageal and small bowel disease, and presented local studies on coeliac disease, fatty liver disease and the irritable bowel syndrome at national primary care and gastroenterology conferences.
Gastroenterology and Hepatology
His interests include bridge, current affairs, reading and music.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr David Aldulaimi at Nuffield Health
- Colorectal screening
- Gastroscopy (or gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy)
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Diagnostic endoscopy
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Gluten sensitivity screening
- Liver function tests
Over 50 publications, including international consensus statements on the management of oesophageal and small bowel disease.
Local primary care studies investigating coeliac disease, fatty liver disease and the irritable bowel syndrome presented at national gastroenterology and general practice conferences.
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- British Association for the Study of the Liver
- British Medical Association
- Royal College of Physicians
Other posts held
- Consultant Gastroenterologist at Warwick Hospital
Insurers Dr David Aldulaimi works with
Dr David Aldulaimi works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr David Aldulaimi does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr David Aldulaimi does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr David Aldulaimi does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.