Dr Dipak Mukherjee is a Consultant Physician at Basildon University Hospital (BTUH). He has worked as a Consultant Chest Physician at BTUH since 2001, and at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital since 2002.
Dr Mukherjee has considerable NHS experience. He is clinical lead at Basildon University Hospital (BTUH) for COPD, pleural disease and tuberculosis, and is also the lead and provides a Tertiary Service for Essex Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) at the Essex cardiothoracic centre. Amongst his many achievements Dr Mukherjee won the National Hospital Doctor Award for COPD (2005) and a Gold Award from BTUH for his excellent clinical commitment.
- COPD (chronic obstructive lung disease)
- Tuberculosis, Pleural disease
- Bronchoscopy and lung cancer
- Medical thoracoscopy
- EBUS (Endobronchial ultrasound)
Dr Mukherjee is available for consultation for a wide range of respiratory related medical problems including: lung disease, asthma, tumours, chest infections and COPD.
- British Thoracic Society
- Royal College of Physicians
Other post held
- Consultant Physician, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Commitments at Basildon Cardio Thoracic Centre (CTC)