With a reputation for excellence, and attention to detail Dr Anderson is an experienced GP who enjoys keeping up to date with the latest evidence, research and developments in the field.
With 20+ years experience (in both hospitals and a general practice) she also benefits from dual qualifications, initially a career scientist following her original undergraduate degree, which focused on medical microbiology and biochemistry.
Dr Anderson is a very patient centred doctor with a gift for listening to, understanding and involving her patients in their care plans.
She enjoys addressing the more challenging patient issues and helping patients overcome them.
She combines her
private clinic work with her role as an NHS GP where she mentors medical and
nursing colleagues in women’s health, contraception, menopause and recurrent
- Degree in medicine from Leicester University
- Worked in scientific research for 3 years
- Undergraduate degree: medical microbiology and biochemistry
- Qualified as a GP and undertook additional training in female sexual and reproductive healthcare, post reproductive / menopause medicine
- Has run clinic since 2012 specialising in diagnosing and treating recurrent and chronic UTI in Staffordshire and more recently opened a branch in London
- Regular speaker at national medical conferences (women’s health and UTI).
Dr Anderson’s interest in some of the more challenging cases of long-standing microbial infections, paved the way for the Focus Medical Clinic. Having encountered the fears and frustrations of many hundreds of sufferers, she saw a need for a specialised facility to test and treat them in a respectful way. Motivated by her interest in this area, and thirst for more knowledge, Dr Anderson travelled to Russia and the United States, where she observed how therapies used in chronic infection have helped a wide range of patients.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Catriona Anderson at Nuffield Health
- Hormonal coil
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Smear test (cervical screening)
- Faculty of Sexual &
- Reproductive Healthcare
- Royal College of General Practitioners
- British Medical Association
- Medical Protection Society
Other posts held
- GP, Nuffield Health North Staffordshire Hospital
- GP, Willow Bank Surgery
Dr Catriona Anderson does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Catriona Anderson does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Catriona Anderson does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.