Dr Williams holds post as a Consultant Gynaecologist at Nuffield Health Chester Hospital, The Grosvenor. She was appointed as a Consultant at Liverpool Women’s Hospital and Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in 2016.
Dr Williams qualified in Medicine at the University of Edinburgh in 2003. She completed her specialty training in Mersey and London, during which time she completed two clinical fellowships in Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology at University College London Hospital and Alder Hey.
Dr Williams is the Clinical Lead for Paediatric Gynaecology at Alder Hey Children's Hospital. She has also completed the BMS Advanced Certificate in the Principles and Practice of Menopause Care and is registered as a BMS Menopause Specialist.
1. Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology:
- Paediatric vulval conditions
- Pubertal problems including delayed puberty and primary amenorrhoea
- Adolescent menstrual dysfunction
- Mullerian duct anomalies
- Premature ovarian insufficiency
- Differences in sex development (DSD)
- Turner Syndrome
Peer review journals:
- Williams CE, Primary amenorrhoea. Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine: DOI: 10.1016/j.ogrm.2021.03.006
- Williams CE, Nakhal RS, Hall-Craggs MA, Wood D, Cutner A, Pattison S, Creighton SM. Transverse Vaginal Septae: management and long-term outcomes. BJOG, 2014 June 19. DOI: 10.1111/1471-0528.12899
- Williams CE, Nakhal RS, Achermann JA, Creighton SM. Persistent unexplained congenital clitoromegaly in females born extremely premature. JPU, 2013 DOI: 10.1016/j.jpurol.2013.03.001
- Williams CE, Cutner AC, Creighton SM. Laparoscopic management of high transverse vaginal septae: a case report. Gynecological Surgery, 2013 DOI: 10.1007/s10397-013-0799-z
- Williams CE, Creighton SM. Menstrual Disorders in Adolescents: Review of Current Practice. Hormone Research in Paediatrics, October 2012. DOI: 10.1159/000342822
- Potdar N, Pillai RN, Oppenheimer CA, Williams C. Management of ovarian cysts in children and adolescents. The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, 2020;22:107–14 DOI: 10.1111/tog.12648
- Nakhal RS, Williams CE, Creighton SM. Chemical Vaginitis: Implications and Management. Journal of Lower Genital Tract Disease, 2013 January;17(1):95-8 DOI: 10.1097/LGT.0b013e31825a1b75
- Hall-Craggs MA, Williams CE, Pattison SH, Kirkham AP, Creighton SM. Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser Syndrome: Diagnosis with MR Imaging. Radiology, 2013 August. DOI:10.1148/radiol.13130211/-/DC1
- Creighton S, Crouch N, Deans R, Cutner A, Michala L, Barnett M, Williams C, Liao LM. Nonsurgical dilation for vaginal agenesis is promising, but better research is needed. Letter to Editor. Fert Steril, 2012;97(6):e32 DOI: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2012.03.040
- Gupta JK, Williams CE. Evidence for preventing infection in abortion care. The European Journal of Contraception and Reproductive Health Care. September 2007;12(3):191–193. DOI: 10.1080/13625180701536698
Non-peer review journals:
- Williams CE, Creighton SM. Revealing the truth about labial reduction. Primary Care Women’s Health Journal. April 2012;4(2):68–70
- Williams CE, Creighton SM. Female Genital Mutilation: Time for action. Primary Care Women’s Health Journal. Jan 2013;5(1):33–35.
- Current Editor of Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology for the MRCOG – in progress
- Williams CE. Paediatric Gynaecology and Disorders of Sex Development. In Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Fourth Edition. Editors, Magowan BA, Owen P, Thomson A. Elsevier Limited, 2019 (Runner up in BMA Book Awards, 2019)
- Williams CE, Deans R. Embryology and normal development of female reproductive function. In Pediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology: A Problem-based approach. Editors, Creighton SM, Balen A, Breech L, Liao LM. Cambridge University Press 2018 (First prize in BMA Book Awards, 2019)
- Williams CE, Creighton SM. Mullerian Anomalies. In Current Progress in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Kothari Medical, 2015
- Williams CE. Gynaecological Anatomy and Development. In Oxford Handbook of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. Oxford University Press, 2013.
- Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
Other posts held
- British Society of Paediatric and Adolescent Gynaecology
- British Menopause Society
Insurers Dr Cara Williams works with
Dr Cara Williams works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
- Healix Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Dr Cara Williams does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Cara Williams does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Cara Williams does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.