Dr Burns has been a Consultant Radiologist for specialising in intervention, Gastro and Abdominal and Urological Radiology after doing a fellowship in Oxford. At Nuffield Health Dr Burns performs ultrasound, fluroscopic examinations, CT and MRI.
Interventional Radiology, Abdominal and Urological Radiology.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Briony Burns at Nuffield Health
- Intravenous pyelogram (IVP)
- Prostate screening
- CT scan (or CAT scan)
- MRI scan
Research papers include:
- "Deaths associated with warfarin in the elderly."; 1995.
- "The timing and frequency of complications after peripheral percutaneous transluminal angioplasty and iliac stenting: Is a change from inpatient to outpatient therapy feasible?"; 2000.
- "S-bend negotiation: a technique to assist double pigtail stent placement for malignant obstruction in the excessively toruous ureter."; (in Press).
- "The role of radiological assessment in the treatment of paediatric orbital phabdomyosarcoma."; (in Press).
- Medical Defence Union
- British Medical Association
- British Society of Interventional Radiologists
- British Society of Gastroenterology and Abdominal Radiology
- British Society of Urogenital Radiology
Other posts held
- Consultant Radiologist Western Sussex NHS Trust St Richards Hospital Chichester.
- Consultant Radiologist, Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital.
Insurers Dr Briony Burns works with
Dr Briony Burns works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Dr Briony Burns does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Briony Burns does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Briony Burns does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.