Dr Valavanis qualified from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece) in 2004 with a degree in Medicine. After completing post-graduate training in general adult neurology he completed a fellowship at The UCL Institute of Neurology / The National Hospital of Neurology and Neurosurgery where he sub-specialised in movement disorders.
After qualifying, Dr Valavanis practised general neurology across many big NHS trusts around the UK. In 2020 after his research and input into a successful project on multiple sclerosis, Dr Valavanis was awarded a PhD from Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- Movement Disorders (Parkinson’s disease, dystonia, Essential Tremor)
- Headache disorders
- General neurology
- Neuro-inflammatory disorders
Dr Valavanis enjoys spending time with his family, and when possible, likes to travel, scuba dive, and gardening.
Doctoral Thesis (Ph.D.)
“The impact of atherosclerosis in the clinical presentation and the MRI of patients with MS as is detected by ultrasounds “
- General Medical Council
- International Parkinson & Movement Disorder Society
- British Medical Association
- Royal College of Physicians
- European Federation of Neurological Societies
Other posts held
- Royal Surrey Foundation Trust – Locum Consultant Neurologist
- Frimley Park Hospital – Locum Consultant Neurologist
Dr Athinodoros Valavanis does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Athinodoros Valavanis does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Athinodoros Valavanis does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.