- Heart Rhythm UK (HRUK) -Certification of Accreditation in Cardiac Devices
- International Board of Heart Rhythm Examiners (IBHRE) -Certification for competency in Cardiac Rhythm Device Therapy for the Physician
- European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA) -Certification in Cardiac Pacing and Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillators
Dr Patwala is experienced in general cardiology and has sub-specialty experience in cardiac devices and heart failure. He has accreditation in cardiac devices in the UK (HRUK), Europe (EHRA) and the USA (IBHRE).
He undertook his specialist training in the Mersey Deanery and his sub- specialty training at the Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital. Hewas appointed a Consultant Cardiologist at University Hospital of North Staffordshire in 2011.
Dr Patwala has a specialist interest in cardiac pacing, heart failure and cardiac arrhythmias.
- Mountain climbing
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Ashish Patwala at Nuffield Health
- Event monitor
- Interventional cardiology
Dr Patwala’s has done research in the effects of cardiac resynchronisation therapy (CRT) on the exercise capacity of patients with severe heart failure. The research showed that a structured exercise rehab program improved the benefit following CRT. The results have been published in international journals including the Journal of the American College of Cardiology (JACC) and Europace. He was awarded a MD for this research from the University of Liverpool.
- Heart Rhythm UK
- European Heart Rhythm Association
- British Society of Heart Failure
- Royal College of Physicians
Other post held
- University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust
Insurers Dr Ashish Patwala works with
Dr Ashish Patwala works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
Dr Ashish Patwala does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Ashish Patwala does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Ashish Patwala does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.