Dr Woollons qualified from Guy’s Hospital London and undertook her dermatology training at Brighton and the St John’s Institute of Dermatology in London. She was appointed as Consultant Dermatologist to Worthing and Southlands Hospitals NHS Trust in 1999.
Her clinical interests include skin cancer, skin surgery, photodynamic therapy, photodermatology, and all aspects of general dermatology. Her research interests include mechanisms of photocarcinogenesis which formed the basis of her MD thesis in 2001. She was appointed as the CLRN dermatology research lead for Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Trust in 2011, as well as the skin cancer lead for the trust in 2016.
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Arjida Woollons at Nuffield Health
- Skin surgery
- Photodynamic therapy (PDT)
- Skin cancer surgery
- Allergy testing
- Excisional biopsy
- Mole assessment
- Mechanism of skin cancer formation, DNA damage and repair.
- MD thesis on Human cellular DNA damage induced by sunbeds and sunlight.
- British Association of Dermatologists
- British Society for Dermatological Surgery
- British Society for Paediatric Dermatology
- Royal Society of Medicine
- Royal College of Physicians
- American Academy of dermatology
Other posts held
- Consultant Dermatologist, Worthing and Southlands Hospitals NHS Trust
- Dermatology Training at Brighton and St John's Institute of Dermatology, London
Insurers Dr Arjida Woollons works with
Dr Arjida Woollons works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Freedom Health
- Alliance Healthcare
Dr Arjida Woollons does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Arjida Woollons does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Arjida Woollons does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.