Dr Sridhar is a very experienced senior Consultant Paediatrician based at the Leicester Children’s Hospital, University Hospitals of NHS Trust with private practice at the Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital.
He has over 30 years of experience in Paediatrics and has been a Consultant in Paediatrics at Leicester for the last 15 yrs.
Dr Sridhar qualified in Medicine in 1989 and completed post-graduate degrees in Paediatrics and Child Health (DCH, MD and Diplomate in National Board of Paediatrics-DNB (Paeds) in India). He has completed further Speciality training in Paediatrics in UK. He has worked in some of the reputed Teaching Hospitals in UK including the University Hospitals of Leicester, Birmingham Children’s Hospital and GOSH. He was the clinical lead for the Children’s assessment unit for many years.
Currently he is working at the Leicester Children’s Hospital as a Consultant in Acute Paediatrics, General Paediatrics and Paediatric Rheumatology. He is the Clinical lead for Paediatric Rheumatology services in Leicester and Honorary Clinical Lecturer at the Leicester University.
Dr Sridhar can see children of all ages with any Acute and General Paediatric/Child Health Problems. He specialises in Paediatric Rheumatology and can see children with Musculo-skeletal problems, Joint pains, Arthritis, JIA, Juvenile Lupus, Hypermobility and other auto-immune conditions.
- All Acute and General Paediatric problems
- Paediatric Rheumatology, Joint pains, Childhood Arthritis (JIA)
- Musculo-skeletal problems
- Other Paediatric autoimmune conditions
- Pranayama (Yogic Breathing)
- Organising local cultural events
- Bollywood Music
- Raising Funds for Charities
I am the local Principal Investigator for the following Paediatric Rheumatology Trials at the Leicester Children's Hospital
1. BSPAR Extended Biologics study
2. BSPAR Etanercept study
3. BSPAR Juvenile SLE study
4. SYCAMORE Double blind multi-centre RCT study of Adalimumab in JIA Uveitis (concluded)
5. Genetics in JSLE study
As a clinician, I have published a number of very interesting clinical case reports in various peer reviewed journals- Sridhar A et al “Cochrane systematic review on the safety and efficacy Inhaled Nedocromil in childhood asthma”.
Awarded “Masters in Clinical Sciences (M Clin Sciences)” by the Leicester University 2006
Actively facilitating other ongoing research activities in the Children's Hospital
Awarded “ Honorary Clinical Lecturer” by Leicester University for Teaching and Research activities
- Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH)
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians (Edin)
- British Society for Paediatric and Adolescent
- Rheumatology (BSPAR)
- British Society for Rheumatology (BSR)
- Paediatric Rheumatology European Society (PReS)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Medical Defence Union (MDU)
Other posts held
- Consultant Paediatrician with Special Interest in Paediatric Rheumatology, Leicester Children’s Hospital, University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
- Honorary Clinical Lecturer, Leicester University
Insurers Dr Arani Sridhar works with
Dr Arani Sridhar works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA Health
Dr Arani Sridhar does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Arani Sridhar does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Arani Sridhar does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.