Dr Thomas is a Consultant Neurologist who has been working at University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire for more than 10 years. Dr Thomas is the Clinical lead for Headache Disorders and Motor Neurone Disease and he runs a twice weekly Regional Headache clinic and a monthly Motor Neurone disease (MND) Multi-Disciplinary Clinic based at Myton Hospice, Coventry. He also has a DGH general neurology clinic at George Elliot Hospital.
Dr Thomas' main interests include:
- Headache Disorders and MND
- Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Functional (Dissociative) Neurological Disorders
Dr Thomas can help in the diagnosis of patients with symptoms of dysphagia, tremors, blackouts, altered sensation, weakness, dizziness, blurred vision/diplopia, seizures, gait/balance problems, memory/cognitive disturbance and speech/language difficulty, and can provide a thorough analysis and a precise and appropriate management. He provides various headache treatment regimens including Greater occipital Nerve Block Injections, Botox injections and Erenumab injections (the CGRP receptor antagonist, a novel drug for migraine awaiting NICE approval).
• Motor Neuron Disease/ALS
Functional Neurological Disorders, Neuro-ophthalmology, Autoimmune encephalitis, Myasthenia Gravis.
Playing and watching cricket, travelling.
- Royal College of Physicians London
- Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Motor neurone Disease Association (MNDA)
- British Association for the Study of headaches (BASH)
- Medical Protection Society (MPS)
- International Headache Society (IHS)
- Malayali Medical Association (MMA
Other posts held
- University Hospital Coventry & Warwickshire Consultant Neurologist, Clinical lead for Headache Services and Motor Neuron Disease
Insurers Dr Antony Thomas works with
Dr Antony Thomas works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Medical Care Direct
- Tesco Bank
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Antony Thomas does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Antony Thomas does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Antony Thomas does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.