Dr Anton G Borg
MD, FRCP (London), FRCPath (UK)
GMC number: 3479395
Practicing since: 2004
- Wednesday and Friday evening
Or call us on
Dr Anton Borg has been a consultant Haematologist since 1999. His postgraduate training was at Manchester Royal Infirmary and University College Hospital, London and was also awarded a Leukaemia Research Fund Clinical Fellowship. His practice is in all aspects of red and white blood cell and platelet disorders, thrombosis and haemochromatosis.
He has a speciality interest in blood cell cancer, such as leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma and myelodysplastic syndromes. He has successfully developed and introduced several chemotherapy treatments for lymphoma and leukaemia patients delivered as day-patient rather than in-patient care. He was awarded the Lymphoma Association Beacon of Hope, the Rigby Research Award to develop outpatient treatment for patients with acute myeloid leukaemia and aggressive myelodysplastic syndrome, and the Day Unit won the Royal College of Nursing award for cancer care. He conducts local research and is the local PI for some clinical trials. He provides individualised care for patients, including those who require chemotherapy according to the latest medical knowledge and guidelines.
- Haematology and Haemato-oncology
- Leukaemia and myelodysplastic syndromes
- Lymphoma and Myeloma
- Myeloproliferative neoplasms
- Anaemias and other low blood cell counts
- Coagulation disorders and thrombosis
- Tests such as bone marrow biopsy and treatments such as chemotherapy, blood transfusion and venesection for haemochromatosis
Travelling, History & Antiques
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Anton G Borg at Nuffield Health
- Haematology profiles
Locations Dr Anton G Borg works with
- Warwick Haematology Research Funding for development of a phase 3 clinical trial comparing PEP-C chemotherapy to best physician’s choice in palliative lymphoma patients.
- Rigby Award to fund a pilot study of OPD chemotherapy in AML and high risk MDS patients
- European Bone Marrow Transplantation 2016 PH-2241 “Full donor whole blood chimerism can predict superior progression free survival in reduced intensity alentuzumab based conditioning transplant recipients for high risk MDS and AML: a single centre experience
- Royal College of Pathologists
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Society of Haematology
- American Society of Haematology
- British Blood Transfusion Society
- Medical Protection Society
Other posts held
- Consultant Haematologist at Warwick Hospital
Insurers Dr Anton G Borg works with
Dr Anton G Borg works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Freedom Health
- Universal Provident
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Anton G Borg does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Anton G Borg does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Anton G Borg does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.