Dr Shaukat works as a Consultant Cardiologist in Glasgow Royal Infirmary and Golden Jubilee National Hospital. He trained extensively in all general aspects of cardiology and has specialist interest in coronary disease management and Intervention. He provides inpatient and outpatient services at the Royal Infirmary & carries out Coronary Intervention at Golden Jubilee National Hospital. He performs wide range of coronary intervention procedures including High speed rotational atherectomy and participates in the Primary Angioplasty out of hours service for acute heart attacks at the Jubilee Hospital.
- Dr Shaukat specialises in investigation and management of coronary heart disease including coronary intervention, heart failure, heart valve disorders and Hypertension.
- Aadil holds accreditation in Echocardiography from British Society of Echocardiography. He also carries out pacemaker implants at the Royal Infirmary and is an accreditation holder from Heart Rhythm Society UK in Implantable intracardiac devices.
English, Urdu and Punjabi
Treatments and tests offered by Dr Aadil Shaukat at Nuffield Health
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Event monitor
- Cardiovascular risk profile
- Transthoracic echocardiogram (TTE)
- CT calcium scoring (or cardiac calcium scoring)
- Wellness screening
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
Dr Shaukat research interest is in coronary disease management. He is the local principal investigator for the upcoming multi centre trials Dalcetrapid in Acute Coronary Syndrome, DalGenE Trial and colchicine for CV outcomes in acute coronary syndrome COLCOT Study.
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Glasgow
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
Other post held
- Consultant Cardiologist at Glasgow Royal Infirmary & West of Scotland Regional Heart & Lung Centre, Golden Jubilee National Hospital
Insurers Dr Aadil Shaukat works with
Dr Aadil Shaukat works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP International
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Dr Aadil Shaukat does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Dr Aadil Shaukat does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Dr Aadil Shaukat does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.