Nuffield Health offers dedicated cardiology services for the assessment and treatment of cardiovascular disease. Our range of diagnostic investigations and interventional procedures includes:
- Echocardiography (Echo) – provides information about heart structure and mechanical function
- Cardiac event recorder – records your heart's activity over a long period
- 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure – gives an overview of blood pressure recordings over 24hrs
- Chest X-ray – examines heart, lungs and chest walls
- Cholesterol and other blood lipids tests
- Coronary angiography (also known as cardiac catheterisation) – gives information about the blood pressure inside your heart and how well its pumping chambers and valves are working
- Coronary angioplasty/coronary stenting (also known as percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI)) – uses a small balloon to ‘squash’ the fatty tissue in the narrowed artery, allowing blood to flow more easily
- Electrophysiological studies/testing – helps diagnose abnormal heart rhythms and identify which area of the heart is affected
- Implantable loop recorders – records your heart rhythm continuously for up to 14 months
- Implantable pacemakers – controls the heart’s rhythm when it beats too slowly
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICD) – a pacemaker to treat different types of rhythm disturbances
- Cardiac resynchronisation therapy (CRT) – used to deliver electrical impulses to the right and left ventricles
Please contact any of our Nuffield Health Hospitals for more information and details of the specific services offered. To find a Consultant Cardiologist near you use the search area on the right.
Promise is valid for patients paying for themselves. Excludes assisted conception and IVF treatments. Your initial consultation and any necessary tests are paid for separately.
* Not including private patient units at NHS hospitals. Local area defined as within 15 miles of the Nuffield Health hospital. We will match against written quotes only.
** Where possible, we promise to assist you to receive any follow up advice, treatment or care that is clinically required from your Consultant for as long as you may require it. If a prosthesis is used as part of your treatment this is guaranteed for the manufacturer’s official lifetime of that prosthesis. “Clinically required” indicates where further intervention and/or monitoring of a patient’s condition is deemed necessary as a direct result of surgical intervention.