Dr Humayun Ahmad
MBBS, MCPS, FRCP Edin, FRCPath, MSc
Year of qualification:
Weekly Thursday 18:00 - 21:00
- Royal College of Physicians London
- Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh
- British Society for Haematology
- Fellow of Royal College of Pathologists
Dr Ahmad is a general Haematologist with expertise in the management of a wide range of blood diseases including blood clots, abnormalities of blood counts, leukaemia, lymphoma and blood disorders related to pregnancy.
He received his specialist training in London on the Kings College Hospital and St Thomas Hospital training programmes.
Treatments include Thrombotic Disorders, Venesections and Warfarin advice.
Development of an electronic model of risk assessment and computer assisted reminder system for the prevention of Hospital Acquired Thrombosis (blood clots).
- Chronic myeloprofilerative disorders.
- Thrombotic disorders.
- Pregnancy related haematological disorders.
- Chronic lymphoproliferative disorders.
Consultant Haematologist, Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.