Nutritional Therapy Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to your purchase of all Nuffield Health nutritional therapy advice sessions (Nutritional Therapy).
Nutritional Therapy aims to support individuals to achieve improved wellbeing through evidence- based nutrition and lifestyle recommendations. Nutritional Therapy is available for anyone to purchase. The Nutritional Therapy sessions take place in a Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Gym (‘Gym’) but you do not have to be a member of the Gym to purchase Nutritional Therapy.
Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions form part of your agreement with Nuffield Health (‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’) Your agreement with us comprises of:
- your completed and signed Nutritional Therapy Questionnaire,
- our website terms and conditions; and
- these Nutritional Therapy Terms and Conditions.
These documents together form a legal and binding contract between you and us (the ‘Nutritional Therapy Agreement’), so please ensure that you read them carefully and understand them. If you have any questions, please ask a Nuffield Health team member at your Gym.
- As part of your Nutritional Therapy journey, you will attend face-to-face advice sessions (‘Sessions’) with a Nutritional Therapist at one of our Gyms:
- Initial Sessions are sixty (60) minutes; and
- Follow up Sessions are forty five (45) minutes.
Purchasing and Booking Sessions
Sessions can be purchased:
On-line at: by selecting the Gym of your choice and then selecting the package/Session of your choice: www.nuffieldhealth.com/gyms/services/nutritional-therapy#buy Once you have purchased your Session(s) online, you will receive an email confirmation containing the details of your online purchase. A member of our central bookings team will either, give you a call to book in your appointment, usually within 48-72 hours of your booking, or you can book your appointment using the options below;
Once you have purchased your Session(s) online you can the book the date and time of your Session(s):
- Over the phone by calling our central bookings team on 0300 790 0131; or
- Over the phone direct with the Gym where the Nutritional Therapist is based. It may be possible for you to both pay for and book Sessions over the phone direct with the Gym but you should check that with the Gym when you call. If the reception staff at the Gym have the Nutritionist’s diary available to them, they will be able to book in Sessions, as well as take payment, otherwise the Nutritional Therapist will call you back to book your Sessions; or
- By email: email@example.com.
Sessions can be both paid for and booked: In person at the front desk of any Gym where our Nutritional Therapists are based. To search for a Gym offering Nutritional Therapy services please visit: www.nuffieldhealth.com/gyms/services/nutritional-therapy.
Your Nutritional Therapist
- We will always try to provide you with the Nutritional Therapist of your choice but we are unable to guarantee this;
- All of our Nutritional Therapists are:
- Qualified professionals and members of the professional body of the British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine (‘BANT’); and
- Experts in nutrition; and
- Trained to a high level; and
- Approachable, knowledgeable and supportive.
- Subject to availability, if for any reason you wish to change your choice of Nutritional Therapist, you may do so by contacting the Nuffield Health team on 0300 790 0131. If your Nutritional Therapist is the only Nutritional Therapist working at that Gym, subject to availability you can transfer any purchased Sessions to another Nutritional Therapist at a different Gym;
- Any Sessions already carried out with your previous Nutritional Therapist will not be rearranged or refunded.
- Your Nutritional Therapist is not qualified to, and cannot prescribe treatment or diagnose medical conditions. Your Nutritional Therapy Agreement covers only the practice of Nutritional Therapy within your session(s) and your Nutritional Therapist will make it clear if he or she intends to step outside this boundary. Your Nutritional Therapist may ask to consult with your GP should they have concerns about a medical condition. Nutritional advice is not a substitute for professional medical advice and/or treatment.
- The degree of benefit obtainable from Nutritional Therapy will vary between individuals with similar health problems and following a similar Nutritional Therapy programme;
- Nutritional advice will be tailored to support health conditions and/or health concerns identified and agreed between you and your Nutritional Therapist;
- Your Nutritional Therapist may recommend food supplements and/or functional testing as part of your Nutritional Therapy programme; in some circumstances Nuffield Health may receive a commission on the sale of such products or services;
- You must pay for all Sessions at the point of purchase. All payments for Nutritional Therapy Sessions must be made in full prior to, or at the time of booking.
- If you book a Session and you have not paid in full the Session will be cancelled.
- For all online purchases, you should retain a copy of the Nutritional Therapy Agreement and your receipt for any payment of session purchases you make.
If you purchase Sessions in the Gym as set out above, you will need to retain a copy of your receipt.
Session Cancellations or Amendments
- You must notify us of all cancellations and amendments to your Nutritional Therapy sessions and bookings by contacting the Nuffield Health team on 0300 790 0131 or by contacting the Gym where you booked your session(s)
- You must provide us with a minimum of three (3) working days’ prior notice of any cancellations or changes to your session or booking
- If you provide us with less than three (3) working days’ prior notice of any cancellation or changes to your session or booking, you will only be refunded 50% of the full session booking fee. However, if you fail to turn up for a session, or cancel on the same day as your session you will forfeit 100% of the full session booking fee and no refund will be owed to you by us.
- If we have to cancel or defer your session for any reason, your Nutritional Therapist will give you at least 24 hours’ prior notice of any such cancellation or deferment. If our Nutritional Therapist fails to give you at least 24 hours’ prior notice of any cancellation or deferment, the cancelled or deferred session will be rearranged or a full refund will be given for the Session, to be decided at our discretion.
- Any rearranged sessions will be at a time mutually agreed between you and our Nutritional Therapist.
Expiry and Extensions
- Except as otherwise stated below, all Nutritional Therapy Sessions must be booked and used within ninety (90) days of the date of purchase, after which time any unused sessions will be lost and no refund will be made. This is to ensure we deliver all your required sessions in a timely manner and to enable you to achieve your goals.
- At the discretion of the Gym, you may extend the ninety (90) day period in which Nutritional Therapy Sessions purchased need to be used by, extending the period for up to twelve (12) months from the date of purchase, for the following reasons only:
- Serious illness
- Serious injury
- To extend your Nutritional Therapy Sessions you must contact your Gym; we may ask you to provide satisfactory proof of pregnancy, serious illness, serious injury or redundancy;
- Any extension for any other reason is entirely at our discretion.
- Standards of professional practice in Nutritional Therapy are recognised through BANT (British Association for Nutrition and Lifestyle Medicine) and governed by the CNHC (Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council) Code of Conduct
- If you are receiving treatment from your GP, or any other medical provider, you should inform him/her about any nutritional strategy provided by our Nutritional Therapist as there could be a possible reaction between medication you are prescribed and the Nutritional Therapy programme.
- You must inform your Nutritional Therapist about any medical diagnosis, condition, treatment, medication, herbal medicine or food supplements that you have received, are undertaking, been prescribed or are taking as this may affect the Nutritional Therapy programme.
- You must contact our Nutritional Therapist promptly and without delay for clarification if you are unclear about the agreed Nutritional Therapy programme/food supplement doses/time period.
- You must contact our Nutritional Therapist should you wish to continue any specified supplement programme for longer than the original agreed period, to avoid any potential adverse reactions.
- If for any legitimate medical reason you are no longer able to complete any of your Nutritional Therapy sessions, we will refund you for any outstanding unused sessions. We may ask for you to provide us with satisfactory proof from your GP
- If you relocate to another Gym, any remaining unused sessions may, at the discretion of the management of the new Gym, be transferred on the same terms and conditions to any Nutritional Therapist at your new Gym, subject to availability. Not all Gyms have a Nutritional Therapist so it may not be possible to transfer sessions to a different Gym. If it is not possible for you to transfer your sessions to another Gym, you may ask the Gym management for a refund for any pre-paid sessions, however, any refund will be given entirely at the Gym management discretion.
- If your Nutritional Therapist leaves your Gym, we will look to find you an alternative Nutritional Therapist at the same Gym, or if this is not possible, one of our other Gyms, assuming there is another Gym within a reasonable distance from your usual Gym with a Nutritional Therapist on site. Such alternative placement is strictly subject to availability. If an alternative placement is not available or possible, you may contact us to receive a refund for any sums you have paid in advance for Sessions that you have been unable to attend.
- Any other refunds are entirely at our discretion.
Our Liability to You
- We do not in any way exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or which by applicable law cannot otherwise be excluded or limited.
- We exclude, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- all liability for any losses or damage that are not foreseeable or which were not in your and our contemplation when we entered into this Nutritional Therapy Agreement (known as ‘indirect or consequential loss or damage) including, but not limited to, liability for loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits; loss of anticipated savings; or loss of goodwill.
- Subject to the points above, in no event shall our total liability to you (for any one event or series of related events) exceed in total 150% of the total amount paid by you for Nutritional Therapy Sessions in the 12 months immediately preceding the first incident out of which the liability arose.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will affect your legal rights as a consumer.
Unforeseen Circumstances & Events Outside of our Control
- We are not responsible for events that are out of our control or unforeseen circumstances. If the Gym is closed or the running of the Nutritional Therapy services is affected by an event outside our control or an unforeseen circumstance then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the event or circumstance. Provided we do this, we will not be liable for short-term closure or disruption caused by the event or circumstance in question (‘short term’ means thirty (30) days or less). However, if there is a risk of long term closure or severe disruption to the Nutritional Therapy service at your Gym (‘long- term’ means in excess of thirty (30) days), we will look to find you an alternative Nutritional Therapist at one of our other Gyms, assuming there is another Gym within a reasonable distance from your usual Gym and there is a Nutritional Therapist on site. Such alternative placement is strictly subject to availability. If an alternative placement is not available or possible, you may contact us to receive a refund for any sums you have paid in advance for Sessions that you have been unable to attend.
Suspending the Service
- We may have to suspend Nutritional Therapy services for any reason, including but not limited to: changes to regulatory requirements imposed by the Complimentary and Natural Healthcare Council or BANT).
- Where possible, we will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending Nutritional Therapy services, and try to find you an alternative Nutritional Therapist at another Gym, assuming there is another Gym within a reasonable distance from your usual Gym and there is a Nutritional Therapist on site with availability. If the issue is urgent or there is an emergency this may not be possible. If we have to suspend the services for longer than fourteen (14) days you will be entitled to a full refund for any sessions already paid for that you have been unable to attend due to the suspension.
Transferring our Rights
We may transfer our rights and obligations under this Nutritional Therapy Agreement to another organisation and you will be notified of any such transfer in writing;
Parties to this Contract
Only you and we have any rights under this Nutritional Therapy Agreement. This Nutritional Therapy Agreement is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms;
If a court finds any part of this Nutritional Therapy Agreement illegal, unlawful or unenforceable, the remainder of this Nutritional Therapy Agreement will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are illegal, unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect;
Enforcing this Contract
If we delay in enforcing this Contract, or any term of it, we may enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under this Contract, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of any breach by you of this Contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things or can prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
The Law Governing this Contract
Your Contract with us is governed by the laws of England and you can bring legal proceedings in the English courts. If you live in Scotland, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of this Nutritional Therapy Agreement in the English or Scottish courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of this Contract in either the Northern Irish or English courts.
Amending these Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to amend the Nutritional Therapy Agreement and these terms & conditions at any time and you will be notified of such amendment in writing.