For some couples egg sharing is an option which can allow them to help another couple who cannot produce their own eggs whilst receiving fertility treatment themselves.
An egg sharing cycle is the same as "standard" IVF except that we will need to complete some additional screening prior to treatment. This may mean that your treatment preparation takes slightly longer.
On the day of egg collection, half of the eggs which are collected are donated to another couple. Because you are donating eggs, payment for the IVF treatment and any screening tests is waived. All other fees are payable as usual.
Please note: If the recipient of the donated eggs is successful and gives birth, that child can (on reaching the age of 18) receive information from the HFEA revealing the identity of the egg donor (the egg sharer).
Criteria for acceptance to the egg sharing scheme
The egg sharer should:
- Be between the ages of 18-35
- Be fit and healthy with a BMI of 20-30
- Have an FSH level on day 2-4 of the cycle less than 10 iu/L
- Have a normal or above normal AMH level for their age
- Have no previous history of severe endometriosis, or of having one ovary removed
- Have no history of transmissible disease
- Have no family history of inheritable disorders
- Be a non-smoker for a minimum of 3 months
- Have had no more than two previous unsuccessful cycles
Shores Road, Woking, GU21 4BY
Ways to pay
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Paying for yourself
There are no hidden costs in our treatment prices. The price you see is the price you pay.Find out more
Personal medical loan
Spread the cost of treatment with a 10 month interest free personal medical loan.Find out more
We work with you and your insurance provider to get you the treatment you need quicklyFind out more