Manchester Diagnostic Suite Competition and Markets Authority Declaration
Diagnostics and consulting rooms provided for consultants.
In accordance with the requirements of the Competition & Markets Authority Private Healthcare Market Investigation Order 2014 (the Order), the details of services offered by the diagnostic suite to our consultant partners are detailed below.
Consulting rooms are made available to referring clinicians or those that hold practising privileges at the suite at a rate of £25.00 per hour or part thereof, which represents a fair market rate. Consulting rooms are made available on a non-discriminatory basis and on equivalent terms in accordance with the Order.
Accommodation for consultants’ medical secretarial staff is also made available at the diagnostic suite at a rate of £22.00 per day, which represents a fair market rate. Such accommodation is provided on a non-discriminatory basis and on equivalent terms in accordance with the Order.
Discounts are made available for all users, discounts can be accessed by:
- Agreeing to prompt payment terms for the settlement of invoices (-20%)
All consultants are invited to attend meetings on site to discuss, for example, activity and governance, at which food and drinks are provided at a cost of £10 per head.
Low value services provided to our consultant partners at this suite include:
• Discounted gym membership
• General corporate hospitality
• General marketing activity
• General services provided to ensure clinical safety
• In-house training
• Mandatory training
• Mini-consultations at patient information events
• Operational services such as patient appointment , administrative services and billing
• Patient notes archiving
• Stationery and printing facilities
• Tea, coffee and other soft beverages
Further useful outcome statistics for this hospital can be seen on the Private Healthcare Information Network website at www.phin.org.uk