Australian Visa Medical Service in Manchester
The Medmigration Visa Medical Clinic in Manchester offers a one-stop service for patients requiring Australian visa medical examinations.
How do I book an appointment?
Appointments can be made by calling the Medmigration bookings line on 0161 272 5895.
When calling us, please be prepared to provide the following information:
- name, address, date of birth, e-mail address and telephone number of each person attending
- number of a current passport for each person
- identification number if you have lodged your visa application – this will be a HAP number
What happens during my visit?
You'll need to bring a few things with you so that we have all the information required to complete the examination:
- Your original current passport
- Copies of up-to-date hospital reports/letters concerning any significant health issues from the previous 5 years, if relevant
- Prescription glasses or contact lenses
Most applicants require a full medical examination, including a urine test for anyone aged 5 and above.
The medical involves a physical examination, where the applicant will be required to undress down to underwear, whilst covered with a modesty sheet. A chaperone is available upon request.
Most applicants aged 11 and above require a chest X-ray. Applicants aged 15 and above will require a blood test for a permanent visa.
All doctors, dentists, nurses and paramedics who intend working in the healthcare sector will require a blood test, whether they are applying for a temporary or permanent visa.
On completion of your examination and receipt of the test results, your documentation will be submitted electronically.
How much does it cost?
- Permanent adult medical aged 15 - 75: £315
- Temporary adult medical aged 15 - 75 : £280
- Permanent or temporary medical for medical, dental, or nurse practitioner: £380
- Child aged 11 - 14: £205
- Child aged under 11: £85
- Medical examination only: £175
- Chest x-ray only: £115
We can accept payment by credit or debit card.
Fees are inclusive of all basic investigations required. In the event that we require additional medical information, there may be further costs incurred.
Please note that the Panel Physician does not make the final decision as to whether you meet the health requirements for your visa medical, nor is the Panel Physician able to provide any information regarding whether any medical conditions will prevent the granting of a visa. This decision is made by the authorities of each country following a thorough assessment of all the medical information provided.
It is essential that you provide full and accurate disclosure of your medical history and details of known medical conditions. False information or client substitution may result in your application being refused.