Cardiology services in Leeds
At Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital our expert cardiologists offer an extensive range of services for the diagnosis and treatment of heart conditions.
Welcome to one of the largest private heart centres in the North of England.
Thanks to our highly skilled team and facilities we are able to offer complex cardiology services including: paediatric cardiology, cardiac MRI scans, balloon valvuloplasty, open heart surgery and PFO closures.
Heart symptoms we treat at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
We see patients with a range of heart symptoms including:
- Angina symptoms
- Atrial flutter
- Brugarda syndrome
- Chest pain
- Coronary artery disease (angina)
- Dizzy spells and blackouts
- Heart failure
- Heart palpitations
- Heart rhythm problems
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
- Fast or irregular heart rate (atrial fibrillation)
- Hole in the heart, heart murmur
- Leaky heart valve / thickened heart valve (valvular regurgitation/ valvular stenosis)
- Palpitations (arrhythmia)
- Shortness of breath
- Slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Supraventricular tachycardia (SVT)
- Wolf-Parkinson White syndrome
Heart investigations available at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
We’ve invested £1.3 million in an exemplary MRI scanner which offers advanced imaging: capturing 360 degree imagery of the heart, in a single heartbeat.
This along with our extensive facilities, our cardiac investigations are all carried out on site. Investigative procedures include:
- 4 Hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- 24 hour ambulatory ECG
- Bubble contrast echocardiography
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing (MVO2)
- Carotid artery ultrasound scan
- Coronary angiography
- CT coronary angiography
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Exercise tolerance testing (ETT)
- MRI scan
- Myocardial perfusion scanning (MPS)
- Stress echocardiogram (DSE)
- Transoesophageal echocardiogram (TOE)
Heart procedures we treat at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
Our interventional suite (catheter lab) uses cutting edge imaging, allowing us to offer minimally invasive alternatives to surgical treatment, which can reduce recovery time and shorten hospital stays.
With a level 3 Critical Care Unit (intensive care) with one-to-one nursing, allowing us to safely carry out complex operations that many smaller private hospitals cannot.
Cardiology treatments in Leeds include:
- AF ablation
- Aortic valve surgery
- ASD closure
- Automated implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD)
- Carotid artery stent
- Coronary angioplasty (PCI)
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
- Left atrial appendage (LAA) closure
- Pacemaker installation and servicing
- Para-valvular leak closure
- PFO closure (Patent Foramen Ovale)
- Radiofrequency ablation of varicose veins
- Renal denervation (TREND)
- Transcatheter aortic valve insertion (TAVI)
Paediatric Cardiology in Leeds
Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital is the only private hospital in the area offering a Paediatric Congenital and Cardiology Service, attracting patients from right across the north of England.
Outpatient appointments are available for children of all ages: from newborn to 16 years old. We treat the following heart symptoms and conditions in children:
- Dizziness in children
- Heart murmurs in children
- Post infection heart complications
Consultant Cardiologists available at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital
Contact us today to book an appointment 0113 388 2067.
Why choose Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital for cardiology?
Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital is the largest private hospital in Yorkshire. With our extensive facilities, your healthcare is all under one roof, under the care of one consultant: from initial enquiry right through to your aftercare, you will receive complete continuity of care.
CQC Rated: Outstanding
Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital is proud to have received an "Outstanding" rating from the health care regulator, the Care Quality Commission (CQC), following an inspection in February 2017. The CQC highlighted that patient care was at the heart of the service and this is testimony to the commitment, skill and pride of the team at the hospital.
Patient collection and drop off service
Coming to the hospital for a surgical procedure? Our private patient collection and drop off service allows us to collect you from your door step and dropping you back home after treatment. Find out more about our patient collection and drop off service.
Contact our cardiology experts in Leeds
Fill out a contact form, or give us a call.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.