Prostate cancer services in Guildford
At Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital, our team of specialist urological oncology consultants have extensive experience in diagnosing and treating prostate cancer.
Give us a call
Why choose Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital for your prostate cancer treatment?
At Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital our oncology consultants are readily available to see you as quickly as possible. Using our state-of-the-art equipment, your consultant will be able to provide you with an accurate diagnosis, personalised treatment plan and fast tracked pathway to surgery.
We pride ourselves on providing tailored care in a welcoming and reassuring environment. Whatever prostate treatment you undertake, you will always see the same consultant who will be with you every step of the way.
Why should you get screened for prostate cancer?
- Prostate cancer causes 10,000 deaths in the UK each year
- Every year nearly 35,000 cases of prostate cancer are diagnosed in the UK
- Most men diagnosed with prostate cancer are over 50.
Come and see one of our consultants at Nuffield Health Guildford Hospital for a check-up if you:
- Have lower back pain
- Feel pain in the hips or pelvis
- Have any of the urine-related symptoms.
See how patients like Tom have benefitted from Nuffield Health's prostate cancer services.
Diagnosis and treatment
The right diagnosis is vital in enabling our consultants to advise the best possible treatment plan tailored to you. Here are some of the diagnostic tests we use to help identify and diagnose prostate cancer:
- Prostate screening
- A prostate-specific antigen (PSA) blood test to help diagnose and manage prostate problems.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computerised tomography (CT), both of which can look at the prostate in detail.
The procedures we offer to treat prostate cancer include:
- Prostate surgery - A procedure that involves reducing the size of the prostate gland.
- Radical prostatectomy - This is the removal of the entire prostate gland and is carried out for patients with confined prostate cancer.
- Cryotherapy - Aims to get rid of prostate cancer by actually freezing the prostate cells.