Vasectomy reversal surgery in Chichester
If your personal circumstances have changed, and you are considering vasectomy reversal surgery, our expert urologists can provide you with rapid access to treatment. Read more…
|Initial consultation||from £185|
|Pre-assessment, Main treatment and Post-discharge care||£3,130|
The price displayed for your initial consultation is a guideline only as Consultant fees vary according to their own individual fee schedules. The price displayed above however for pre-assessment, main treatment and post-discharge care is guaranteed and inclusive of all costs.
Our prices are all-inclusive. We will equal any comparable price. There are no time limits on your aftercare.
Contact our urology experts in Chichester
Email us or request a call back
A member of the team will respond to you soon.
78 Broyle Road, Chichester, PO19 6WB
Why choose Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital for your vasectomy reversal surgery?
If you are a man and your personal circumstances have changed, you may be interested in vasectomy reversal surgery. At Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital, our experienced urology consultants are experts in vasectomy reversal surgery and are known for their high success rates for treatment.
Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital is conveniently located north of Chichester's historic city centre. We are able to provide ample free parking and are easily accessible by a number of local bus links from the city centre and surrounding areas.
Our excellent primary care standards are maintained by our dedicated team of consultants who are fully supported by our attentive matron-led nursing team. Our nursing staff are at hand to ensure that your first class care and comfort is sustained throughout your stay in hospital.
What happens during vasectomy reversal surgery
- Vasectomy reversal is performed under general anaesthetic
- It usually takes between an 1 hour - 1.5 hours
- During a vasectomy the vas deferen tubes are cut preventing sperm from leaving the epididymis
- To reverse this procedure your surgeon in Chichester will locate the site of your vasectomy
- They will usually make cuts on each side of your scrotum
- After examining each testicle they will free up the tubes and remove any scar tissue
- Using a special microscope they will stitch the ends of the tubes back together
- They will close the surgical wounds with stitches.
After vasectomy reversal surgery at Nuffield Health Chichester Hospital
- You should be able to go home the day of your procedure but you should arrange for someone to drive you
- Take over the counter pain relief such as Paracetamol if you have any discomfort, as advised by the clinical team
- You should avoid any strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 3 weeks after your surgery
- Gentle walking may speed your recovery
- Please discuss any return to work with your consultant
- About 6 - 8 weeks after your surgery you will need to return to our clinic to give a semen sample
- We will examine the sample for sperm
- If no sperm are present or your sperm count is very low we may ask you to return for another test at a later date.
General complications could include:
- Infection in the surgical wound
Specific complications of a vasectomy reversal could include:
- Long term pain
- Bleeding within the scrotum
- Damage to blood vessel
- Scar tissue causing the tubes to block
- Failure to restore fertility.