Private GP service in Brentwood
When you’re busy, trying to juggle home, work and family, it is important to be able to access a doctor and other medical services rapidly and at a time convenient to you.
Book a Private GP appointment
Struggling to get an appointment with your doctor?
The private GP service at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital offers a convenient service that enables you and your family to receive the help and advice you need at a time to suit you.
- Monday - Friday: 08:30 - 20:00, Saturday: 09:00 - 13:00
- 30-minute consultations
- Same-day appointments sometimes available
- Available to anybody - those under 18 should be accompanied by a parent/guardian
- Home visits by prior arrangement - within 10 miles of the hospital
- No need to be registered with an NHS GP
One of the advantages of being based within the hospital is that we can arrange for investigations such as blood tests or x-rays to be done at the time of your GP consultation, or the following day. We can also ensure rapid referral to any one of the wide range of specialists that consult at the hospital.
Our GP service includes:
- Diagnostic imaging centre (including ultrasound, MRI and mammograms)
- General lifestyle advice (including weight management, smoking cessation and cholesterol levels)
- Referrals to hospital consultants
- On-site pharmacy
- Onsite pathology
- Well Man and Well Woman and Executive Screening
- Home visits
- Prescriptions, contraception and some immunisation services
- Ear Syringing
- See Brentwood Hospital's GPs
Services we do not provide:
- Emergency or out of hours care – please call the NHS 111 or 999
- Minor surgery
- Issue of Sick certificates
- Chronic condition monitoring and repeat medications, this is best done with your regular NHS GP Practice
- Consultations for those under the age of 18
- Consultations relating to pregnancy problems
- Prescriptions for controlled drugs
- Contraceptive Coils and implant service