Gloucester Nursery, About Us
Find out more about our Nuffy Bear Bear Day Nursery in Gloucester. Take a tour today and meet our staff or read more below about what we offer.
Who are we & what do we do?
Nuffield Health has been providing children's day nurseries since 1998 and has been extremely successful. We are now looking to bring that service to all users across the country. In 2014 we opened our fantastic Nuffy Bear Day Nursery in Gloucester.
As we are predominately a hospital and wellbeing company we are truly committed to ensuring their child's healthy development whilst with us. We have worked with Nuffield Health nutritionists to produce a nutritious menu that provides all the elements to develop a healthy body.
We are also proving baby massage classes for the under 1's, yoga for the over 1's and swimming for the over 3's. All of these classes are included in the nursery fee.
Our aim is to make healthy eating and regular exercise a part of every child's life.
Staff : Child ratios
- Under 2 years - 1:3
- 2-3 years - 1:4
- Over 3 years - 1:8
- 08:00 - 18:00
- Closed Bank holidays and the week between Christmas and New Year (only charge 51 weeks)
- We can open earlier/later but we need at least 3 children doing this to make it viable.
Early Years Foundation Stage
Starts from 3 months, national curriculum for under 5s
Covers the following areas
- Communication and Language
- Personal Social and Emotional
- Understanding of the World
- Art and Design
Once the child turns 3 they will be eligible to attend 15 hours per week for free. This is the education grant provided by the government.
- We will keep detailed records called Learning Journeys on each child to chart their development and will share these with you regularly
- We will feedback information on your child’s day through our key worker system and information boards in the rooms
- We aim to take the children out twice a day in the garden and to a local park and the wider community.
Contact our Nuffy Bear Day Nursery in Gloucester
Fill in the form below and we'll get back to you within one working day. If it's urgent, you can call us on 0300 123 6200.
A member of the team will respond to you soon.