Yoga at The Canary Wharf Health Club
Yoga is a spiritual discipline which includes breath control, meditation and the adoption of specific postures. Yoga classes at The Canary Wharf Health Club can aid general health and relaxation.
Yoga is about creating balance in your body and mind, while developing both your strength and flexibility. It is an excellent form of exercise for people of all ages, shapes and sizes and can help to improve your overall health over time.
Physical benefits of yoga
- Helps create a toned, flexible and strong body
- Improves respiration, energy and vitality
- Helps maintain a balanced metabolism
- Promotes cardio and circulatory health
- Improves athletic performance.
Mental benefits of yoga
- Helps you relax and manage the stresses of modern life
- Teaches you how to rest your mind so you can focus your energy more efficiently
- Encourages positive thoughts and self-acceptance.
- Yoga helps build awareness of your body, your feelings, the needs of others and the world around you
- Develops the relationship between your mind, body and soul, helping you be at one with yourself.
There are several forms of Yoga. At The Canary Wharf Health Club we provide Hatha Yoga.
Hatha Yoga is slow-paced and gentle, focussing on breathing and meditation. It acts as a great introduction to more advanced styles of yoga and often there is no flow between poses. You can expect to be introduced to some basic breathing exercises and also some seated meditation.
- Purpose of Hatha Yoga: To introduce beginners to Yoga with basic poses and relaxation/breathing techniques
- Benefits of Hatha Yoga: Helps relieve stress, provides physical exercise and improves your breathing
- Perfect for beginners and people wanting to learn the core basics.
What do I need to bring to a Yoga class?
Yoga involves a lot of stretching and movement, so we suggest you wear something comfortable to enable you to flow from one pose to another. You are also likely to work up a sweat during the class, so wear something breathable.
You don't need to bring a Yoga mat (unless you want to bring your own) as we can provide one.