- Specialities Plastic Surgery, Cosmetic Breast Surgery, Paediatric Hand Surgery
- Telephone 01133 882 067
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
English, French and basic Italian
- GMC Number 2299165
- Fax 0113 301 0245
Professor Simon Kay is a Consultant Plastic Surgeon who has combined a long career of complex reconstructive surgery in the NHS public sector with over 30 years' experience in independent practice in Cosmetic Plastic Surgery. He has been an innovator in children’s hand and plastic surgery, in microsurgery and in major nerve surgery as well as in hand transplantation.
He has taught, trained and designed services in cosmetic surgery and has been President of British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS), and The British Society for Surgery of the Hand (BSSH) as well as Editor of the Journal of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. He is a full member of British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS). He undertakes a wide range of cosmetic procedures and has been a pioneer in the embedding of Clinical Psychology in Plastic Surgery. He lectures widely, has written a very large number of scientific papers and has edited a prize-winning surgical textbook. He is also the Editor in Chief of the forthcoming Oxford Textbook of Plastic Surgery.
In 2019 Prof Kay was honoured by the Queen in the New Year Honours list.
Prof Simon Kay specialises in the following treatments, tests and scans at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital:
- Aerola reduction
- Arm Reduction (Brachioplasty)
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Reshaping)
- Body Contouring
- Bone Graft
- Breast Augmentation (Enlargement)
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Uplift (Mastopexy)
- Brow Lift
- Ear pinning (Pinnaplasty)
- Extensive Muscle Repair
- Eye Lift
- Facelift (Rhytidectomy)
- Facial Surgery
- Fat Grafting
- Hand Surgery (including paediatrics)
- Inverted Nipple Surgery
- Labial Reduction (Labiaplasty)
- Mammoplasty (or breast reduction)
- Mini Face Lift
- Mole removal
- Neck Lift
- Oculoplastic Surgery
- Otoplasty (Ear Correction / Ear Repositioning)
- Peripheral Nerve Surgery
- Post-Bariatric Surgery (or body contouring)
- Skin Cancer Surgery
- Skin Surgery
- Tendon Problems
- Thigh Lift
- Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)
For a complimentary cosmetic surgery 10 minute one to one with this consultant at Nuffield Health Leeds Hospital, please call our team on: 0113 388 2111 or email: email@example.com
- Weekly Thursday PM
- Consultant Plastic Surgeon Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
Yachtsman, outdoors, photography. Medical history and biography. Understanding human medical behaviour.
- British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
Prof Kay has published numerous research articles focussing especially on microsurgery and reconstruction, book chapters, and is currently editing the Oxford textbook of Plastic Surgery.
DeclarationProfessor Simon Kay works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Professor Simon Kay does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Simon Kay does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Simon Kay does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.