Mansoor Khan is a Consultant Oesophagogastric, Trauma and General as well as Honorary Clinical Professor of Trauma Surgery at Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals. He has recently retired from the Royal Navy, at the rank of Surgeon Commander after completing over two decades of military service with distinction.
After graduation from King’s College London in 2000, he undertook his House Officer training in Plymouth and Portsmouth, followed by three years of military posts.
Upon completion of three years of Military General Duties, he commenced surgical training completing his rotations in Peterborough, Birmingham and South Yorkshire. Having successfully obtained his FRCS in General Surgery in 2010, he subsequently got deployed on a busy tour at Camp Bastion in Afghanistan, followed directly by a 1-year Trauma Critical Care Fellowship at the world-renowned R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore, USA.
He was appointed a Consultant General Surgeon in the Defence Medical Services of the UK in 2012. Since appointment as a Consultant Trauma Surgeon he has undertaken multiple operational tours with multiple awards. He completed his Military career with a 4-month tour of South Sudan on a United Nations deployment.
- Oesophageal cancer
- Gastric cancer
- Hiatus hernias
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux
- Oesophageal dysmotility disorders
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy
- Simple skin lesions
Reading, Drawing, Painting, Guitar, Cricket, Rugby and Hockey
English, Urdu, Punjabi
Military positions have included being the Consultant Advisor in General Surgery (Head of General Surgery) to Medical Director General Royal Navy, and the Senior Lecturer in Military Surgery at the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine. Current positions include Visiting Professor of Physics at Imperial College London and a number of international Adjunct Professor of Surgery (USUHS, Bethesda and Shock Trauma, Baltimore, NIHR positions, overseas Academic positions, Editor/Associate Editor and Reviewer for multiple journals, undergraduate and postgraduate examiner, Co- Director of the Definitive Surgical Trauma Skills course at the Royal College of Surgeons of England, a member of multiple international surgical organisations as well as being faculty on multiple international surgical training courses. He is keen on research and has published extensively with over 250 publications, book chapters and conference papers and secured in excess of £3 Million in research grants.
His interests include research into Primary Injury Prevention, Blast Mitigation strategies, Haemorrhage control, Trauma education, Physiological monitoring, studying the gut microbiome in relation to trauma and hypoperfusion and research into Oesophagogastric and General Surgical techniques and advances.
- World Society of Emergency Surgery Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Irelan
- Chartered Management Institute International Surgical Society
- International Association for Trauma Surgery and Intensive Care
- Damage Control Resuscitation Society
- Motorsport UK
- Ambroise Pare International Military Surgery Forum
- American Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- American College of Surgeons.
- European Society of Emergency and Trauma Surgery
- Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- Association of Trauma and Military Surgeons
- Association of Military Surgeons of the United States
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
Other post held
- Consultant Oesophagogastric, General and Trauma Surgeon. Honorary Clinical Professor of Trauma Surgery. Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals
Insurers Professor Mansoor Khan works with
Professor Mansoor Khan works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Westfield Health WPA
Professor Mansoor Khan does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Mansoor Khan does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Mansoor Khan does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.