Professor Ashley Robert Dennison, MB, ChB, MD, FRCS, is a Consultant Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgeon at University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust with a busy clinic at Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital.
Ashley graduated with MB, ChB from Sheffield University in 1977, obtained his FRCS in 1982 and his MD (Sheffield) in 1985.
His Main clinical interests relate to General & Laparoscopic (Keyhole) Surgery including Hepatobiliary (Liver/Gallbladder), Pancreatic Surgery & ERCP (pancreatic and bile ducts) Colonoscopy & Hernia Repair.
My main clinical and research interests relate to the metabolism and anti-cancer properties of intravenous lipid emulsions, the treatment of colorectal metastases and pancreatic adenocarcinoma and islet cell autotransplantation following total pancreatectomy for chronic pancreatitis.
Treatments and tests offered by Professor Ashley Dennison at Nuffield Health
- Anterior resection
- Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal)
- Colorectal screening
- Colorectal surgery
- Excision of skin lesion
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Gastrointestinal (GI) endoscopy (or gastroscopy)
- Reflux surgery
- Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Abdominoperineal resection
- Ileal pouch anal anastomosis
- Gastrointestinal tract
- Thoracoscopic sympathectomy
- The Medical Defence Union
- Royal College of Surgeons
Other post held
- Consultant General Surgeon at Leicester General Hospital
- Consultant General Surgeon at Nuffield Health Leicester Hospital