Andrew is an academic physician with an international reputation in diabetes and cardiovascular disease prevention. His special interests include type 2 diabetes (including diabetes in older people), obesity, lipid metabolism, hypertension, and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
Andrew recognizes the importance of patient engagement and shared clinical decision-making in achieving long-term health goals through precision medicine that is personalised to the individual.
Andrew's primary clinical focus is type 2 diabetes and its prevention. He also offers expertise in obesity, lipid metabolism, hypertension and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
Andrew has long recognized the importance of patient engagement in achieving long term health goals and the pursuit of healthy ageing. His aim is to practice evidence based precision medicine that is personalised to each individual
· RESEARCH and EDUCATION
Prevention and treatment of diabetes and related cardiometabolic disorders.
· Author and editor of textbooks on diabetes and cardiovascular disease prevention
· Founding Editor-in-Chief of Cardiovascular Endocrinology & Metabolism
· Research experience of developing new treatments for diabetes at a specialist clinical research institute in San Diego, California, USA
· Cardiometabolic lead clinician for a precision medicine clinical decision support system in collaboration with the Mayo Clinic, USA
· Senior advisor to an evidence-based healthy ageing clinic based in London, UK
- Diabetes UK
- Heart UK (elected member of Medical, Scientific & Research Committee)
- European Society of Hypertension (accredited as a clinical specialist in hypertension)
- Fellow and elected coucil member of the Vascular, Lipid & Metabolic Medicine
- Collaboration for the Advancement of Sustainable Medical Innovation (CASMI), UK (elected academic fellow)
Other post held
- Institute for Cardiovascular & Metabolic Research, University of Reading, UK
- Senior Research Fellow, ProSciento, San Diego, USA
Professor Andrew Krentz does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor Andrew Krentz does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor Andrew Krentz does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.