Professor Ward has been in clinical medicine since his consultant appointment in 1986. He has been in private practice since 1989.
He founded the European Neurorehabilitation Society in 2010.
He was awarded the 2015 International Society of Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine’s Haim Ring Award for Excellence & International Relations.
He is a member of the World Stroke Organisation Global Stroke Community Advisory Panel and the International Spasticity Advisory Board through chairmanship of the European Spasticity Faculty.
English, French, some Spainish and German
Clinical and research interests centre on the management of spasticity and stroke and brain injury rehabilitation.
Professor Ward has published widely in scientific journals and books:
- The Clinical Uses of Botulinum Toxins
- The Textbook of Rehabilitation Medicine
- The OUP Handbook of Rehabilitation Medicine
- The 2009 RCP National Guidelines for the Management of Spasticity in Adults
- The RCP’s Working Party Report on Rehabilitation Medicine, 2011
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians
- Council Member, Royal College of Physicians London
- Past Regional Adviser, Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh
- Past-President, British Society of Rehabilitation Medicine
- British Society for Rheumatology
- Governor, International Society of Physical &
- Rehabilitation Medicine
- Vice-President, World Federation of Neurological Rehabilitation
- President-elect, European Academy of Rehabilitation Medicine
Other post held
- Professor of Rehabilitation Medicine Haywood Hospital, Stoke on Trent &
- Royal Stoke University Hospital
Insurers Professor AB Ward works with
Professor AB Ward works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Professor AB Ward does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Professor AB Ward does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Professor AB Ward does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.