Mrs Overton's specialist areas include: general gynaecology, prolapse and incontinence, pelvic pain and endometriosis, menstrual disorders, ultrasound scanning including early pregnancy problems, laparoscopic and vaginal surgery.
Mrs Overton was a member of the NICE guidance committee for Miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy published 2012 and updated 2014. She is carrying out research into thyroid antibodies and thyroxine treatment for the treatment of women with a history of miscarriage and progesterone versus placebo for the treatment of threatened miscarriage.
Mrs Overton chairs the NICE guideline committee for the diagnosis and management of endometriosis to be published in September 2017 and is carrying out research into an oral Gonadotrophin-releasing hormone antagonist for the treatment of pain associated with endometriosis.
- Higher degree (University of London MD) in Endometriosis and pelvic pain for work carried out at the Nuffield Department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology in Oxford 1996
- Recognition from the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Industry team as principal investigator and top 100 researchers in the UK 2016
- Good clinical practice in assisted reproductive techniques, Cambridge University Press 2004
- Infertility - the facts, Oxford University Press 2008 and translation into Greek 2008
- Atlas of Endometriosis, Informa Healthcare (third edition) 2007 and translation into Japanese 2010
- Managing debilitating menopausal symptoms in the Practitioner March 2016
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (former chair of the Guidelines committee)
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) (current Chair of the Endometriosis guideline committee)
- National Association of Early Pregnancy Units (former secretary)
- British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy & lead for the St Michael’s Hospital Endometriosis centre
- British Society of Urogynaecology
- British Fertility Society
Other post held
- Honorary consultant gynaecologist, University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust, St Michael’s Hospital
- Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer, University of Bristol
Insurers Mrs Caroline Overton works with
Mrs Caroline Overton works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- CS Healthcare
- Exeter Family Friendly
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
Mrs Caroline Overton does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mrs Caroline Overton does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mrs Caroline Overton does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.