Mr Rai qualified from University of London and has practised gynaecology since 1991. After a year at University College Hospital, London, the remainder of his training was in Oxford, where he was appointed as a Consultant in 2001. His special interests include the investigation and full range of treatments of menstrual disorders, fibroids, abnormal smears, prolapse and ovarian cysts. He offers a holistic approach to gynaecological problems and carries out pelvic ultrasound scans.
He is the lead clinician for the menstrual clinic service at Oxford's John Radcliffe Hospital. He has extensive experience in advanced hysteroscopic and laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery. The operations he performs include hysteroscopy, endometrial resection and keyhole surgery for fibroids, ovarian cysts, removal of ovaries, endometriosis and hysterectomy.
Mr Rai is an accredited colposcopist, a trainer for advanced laparoscopic (keyhole) and hysteroscopic surgery and an examiner for the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists membership examinations. He is also a Clinical Tutor at Trinity College, Oxford and an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer at the University of Oxford.
Mr Rai is actively involved in postgraduate and undergraduate medical education and holds a Master of Education (medical education) degree from the University of London.
Before his son was born, Mr Rai's main interests included playing the piano, cooking, and golf. He hopes to be able to resume some of these activities one day!
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Vic Rai at Nuffield Health
- Hysterectomy surgery
- Hormone replacement therapy (HRT)
- Alternative management of fibroids
- Assessment of laparoscopic surgical skills
- Principal investigator for the following study: "Development of a sensitive data collection tool to effectively categorise post-menopausal bleeding: foundation work for a collaborative project to derive and validate a clinical prediction rule for endometrial cancer"
- British Medical Association
- British Society of Gynaelogical Endoscopy
- European Society of Gynaecological Endoscopists
- Medical Defence Union
Other post held
- Consultant Gynaecologist, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford
Insurers Mr Vic Rai works with
Mr Vic Rai works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare
- AXA PPP International
- Benenden Health
- Bupa On Demand
- Vitality Health (Pru Health)
- Westfield Health WPA
Mr Vic Rai does not hold a share or financial interest in this hospital, another Nuffield Health hospital or the company.
Mr Vic Rai does not have a share or financial interest in equipment used at this hospital or another Nuffield Health hospital.
Mr Vic Rai does not hold any paid advisory role(s) at this hospital or on behalf of Nuffield Health.