Mr. Ahmed graduated from University of Sheffield’s Medical School in 2008. He completed his Higher Surgical Training in Trauma & Orthopaedics in Kent, Surrey and Sussex. He then went on to gain international experience in Toronto to further sub-specialise in lower limb arthroplasty. Following this, he worked at University College London Hospital gaining significant experience in complex hip and knee replacements, revision hip surgery and robotic hip and knee arthroplasty. During his fellowship he performed over 150 robotic joint replacements. He also has a specialist interest in managing prosthetic joint infections.
He has widely published in several peer reviewed journals and has also presented at international orthopaedic meetings in Canada, Switzerland, Portugal and India.
He is an active member of the British Orthopaedic Association, British Hip Society and European Hip Society.
1. The British Hip Society Travelling Fellowship in 2019. This gave him the unique opportunity to travel to the internationally renowned Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS) in New York.
2. Current Concepts in Joint Replacement Scholarship to attend their meeting in Florida, USA – December 2019.
3. European Hip Society Travelling Fellowship Invited to visit specialist orthopaedic units in Italy.
He is keen to teach junior trainees and has previously lectured on Master’s Programmes at University College London and Canterbury Christ Church University. He is an Advanced Trauma Life Support Instructor and a tutor on the Basic Surgical Skills course for the Royal College of Surgeons.
Hip Replacement, Revision Hip Replacement, Hip Arthroscopy, Knee Replacement, Knee Arthroscopy, Periprosthetic Fracture Management and Lower Limb Trauma.
Keen and enthusiastic tennis player and an avid Roger Federer fan!
Treatments and tests offered by Mr Syed S Ahmed at Nuffield Health
- Knee replacement revision
- Knee replacement
- Knee arthroscopy
- Hip revision
- Meniscectomy for meniscus tear
- Hip replacement
- Trauma Surgery
- Image guided joint injections
He has widely published in several peer reviewed journals and has also presented at international orthopaedic meetings in Canada, Switzerland, Austria, Portugal and India.
- British Orthopaedic Association, British Hip Society, European Hip Society.
Insurers Mr Syed S Ahmed works with
Mr Syed S Ahmed works with the following private medical insurance providers:
- Aviva Health
- AXA PPP Healthcare